Halloween Costumes For Kids In Bkk?!

Shola

Hi All,

I'm wanting to take my little girl to a fancy dress do on Halloween but I have no idea where I can get costumes for kids (except Emporium which is a total rip off! :o ) Does anyone know where I can pick up a cute cat or little devil costume?! :D My mum used to make all my costumes but I'm just not that nifty with sewing! :D

TIA

Shola

XXX

There might be an entry in the Thai Yellow Pages. Get a Thai friend to look for you ?

Yeah just tried that! Been Googleing like mad but can't find anything, the only thing in the Yellow Pages was costume rental and anly one some obscure place in BKK.

Thx for the reply though! :o

Hi Shola--long time no see. Missed you around here :o

Its not hard to make a cat costume without having to sew. Buy a black leotard, and face paint. You can paint the cat face on. A tail is easily made with a wire hanger (unbent), some padding and then you can even just wrap black fabric around the padding. I made one in Taiwan --we were going to a costume party in another town so my friends and I dressed up and took the train. The looks on the faces of the people on the train were priceless :D

Alternatively, my sister made this for my nephew out of cardboard and three rolls of duct tape :D

post-4641-1223689697_thumb.jpg

Hi Shola--long time no see. Missed you around here :D

Its not hard to make a cat costume without having to sew. Buy a black leotard, and face paint. You can paint the cat face on. A tail is easily made with a wire hanger (unbent), some padding and then you can even just wrap black fabric around the padding. I made one in Taiwan --we were going to a costume party in another town so my friends and I dressed up and took the train. The looks on the faces of the people on the train were priceless :D

Alternatively, my sister made this for my nephew out of cardboard and three rolls of duct tape :D

post-4641-1223689697_thumb.jpg

Hiya!

Yeah been a while since I popped by! Nice to see you still here! Thx for the idea, I'm thinking of doing that with a red suit for a devil, a defo nix on the face paint, it'll end up everywhere except on her face!! :o

Your sister is super talented, the outfit looks fab!

Shola

O.K. then, why not just nip down to Big C and get a cheap plain red t shirt, some red shorts ( knee length ) and a red balaclava of some sort into which you can put your own horns. Next get some of that face paint and paint his face red with a black moustache. Finaly improvise a tail tucked into the shorts and make a triton stick ( painted red ) and you should be in business. :o

How about Pratumnam (sp) market. For our business we get the Christmas costumes there and much cheaper than in Pattaya or in the joke shops. I would suspect that they do stuff for all such occasions like Halloween.

Alternatively, think outside the box. In Pattaya, what about Ripleys. They have all manner and could probably point you in the right direction. There must be somewhere like that in Bangkok. Search the press or online for people who are putting on Halloween parties and ask them where they get their stuff from. Perhaps a 5* hotel like the JW Marriott has information. They are usually extremely helpful.

Sampeng market! I went there last week and came across 3+ large very well decorated shops selling everything you'll find at Emporium and more. It is the cheapest place to buy in Bangkok for sure. I'll be going back tomorrow to get some items.

Directions:

Go to Hua Lampong MRT station and get a taxi or tuk tuk to the Grand China Princess hotel. The hotel is on a 4-way intersection and walk away from the hotel towards the river (road is called Ratchawong and leads to Ratchawong pier I believe). Keep on your left side and take the first pathway inside the market (where all the people will be going!). Follow that patchway and you'll see the Halloween shops on both sides. From Grand China expect only to walk 5 mins before finding them.