Thai Censorship

mumbojumbo

I find foul langauge less offensive than foul breath.

If you had small children around, maybe you would think different Einstien.

Do you often watch R rated movies with your children on Cable?

Sorry, but it is the parent's responsibility to decide what to watch. Get real!

Do you often watch R rated movies with your children on Cable?

Sorry, but it is the parent's responsibility to decide what to watch. Get real!

Sometimes you turn the tube on, and dont really know what is on.

The kids games like GTA, are probably worse

There was a soap opera on earlier that the Mrs was watching and there was one of these sickly, nausiating romantic scenes with a young couple in a restaurant. There was a bottle of wine on the table. Whenever it was in shot, it was pixelated out. Now that is taking it to extremes...

There was a soap opera on earlier that the Mrs was watching and there was one of these sickly, nausiating romantic scenes with a young couple in a restaurant. There was a bottle of wine on the table. Whenever it was in shot, it was pixelated out. Now that is taking it to extremes...

Yeh, and there are bare muffins in Cowboy......... go figure

Edited by skippybangkok

I don't like censorship on principal, although I do agree with a rating system so people know whether to expect sex, profanity, violence, etc.

However, the Thai censorship process borders on the ludicrous. Instead of merely cutting out an offending scene, the pixelation of cigarettes (guns, wine, etc) is just plain silly. Does anyone really not understand that when a clearly shown cigarette in someone's hand is brought towards the mouth and suddenly becomes pixelated, then there is a cloud of smoke expanding around the pixelation, that the person is in fact, gasp, smoking?

I find foul langauge less offensive than foul breath.

If you had small children around, maybe you would think different Einstien.

Excuse sir, but small/young children hear the same or worst on the school yard/street/play ground(Thai) day in and day out; the Key is family teaching(educate) children of right and wrong. When they repeat a bad word explain to them what's it mean and why it might offend someone. :o:D

If the bottle were empty, would they have left it uncensored, or are naked empty wine-bottles offensive too ? :o

If the bottle were empty, would they have left it uncensored, or are naked empty wine-bottles offensive too ? :o

sure empty is also evil....

I recall to see a report about a man who is collecting many things and many things were in boxes, they beer chang boxes were pixelated, but everyone knew it.

Yes and then on the Thai news in the early evening when kids are still up and watching TV, scenes of dead and sometime mutilated bodies come on.

But letting your kids see smoking and drinking alcohol is worse?

Thais never cease to amaze me!

beside that seeing a bit too much human skin or even sex seems to harm even adults.

But the worst violent movies and games which glorify violence as the best solution for every problem seems be perfect OK.