Problems Burning Files To Dvds

MKAsok

Having a problem burning files with Thai names to DVD. As there are a few thousand files, going through all of them and changing the names manually isn't really an option. I'm using Roxio and can't see anything in the options that might correct this. I've got some vague notion that this is something to do with Unicode and that Windows might also cause me problems later (with the names it writes to the DVD - i.e. they'll probably end up being gibberish or something) even if I get Roxio to actually do the job. Anyone experienced this probem and found a work around or some software that can handle the job? Thanks.

mk

I had the same problem with Thai names not burning to DVD, but had only 30 or so files which were easy to rename manually.

In your case you could try a batch file renamer (or whatever they are called). Never used one but they are out there for free. Just isolate all Thai titles in one folder and rename them on auto pilot.

opalhort

Thanks opalhort, that's good thinking. I actually ended up getting around the problem by creating RAR archives, but neither solution is particularly ideal (renaming to English or some kind of 'karaoke' Thai, or archiving). I'm just wondering if there's any software around that doesn't have this problem (I'm assuming, as usual, the problem actually ultimately lies with Windows somewhere).

mk