Meat Pies In Bangkok

vicksajnani

Villa market (several locations) have a pretty good selection of pies from 2 or 3 sources to suit the sophisticated english palate. They have a website.

Sometimes I go out of my way to try to be funny but with quality material like written above, who needs to try.

Back to pies, there is a shop in Pattaya that does a huge selection of pies, sausages and the like. Give me awhile to think of the name thought - I am old.

Villa market (several locations) have a pretty good selection of pies from 2 or 3 sources to suit the sophisticated english palate. They have a website.

Sometimes I go out of my way to try to be funny but with quality material like written above, who needs to try.

Back to pies, there is a shop in Pattaya that does a huge selection of pies, sausages and the like. Give me awhile to think of the name thought - I am old.

ok found it, unsurprisingly the name of the place is PATS PIES, two locations if I remember correctly. Google it cause I am too lazy to do all your work.

Guiness and kidney , steak and ale i`ve seen some of these but there very pommy not aussie.... no offence.. :o

I am querious..... a steak & kidney pie with/without guiness/ beer...English or Australian....whats the difference? Is this something the Australians like to think they excell in?

I did,some time ago.try an Aussie frozen Steak pie at Rimping....label said it was Australias best.....crap!!

Edited by gennisis

Guiness and kidney , steak and ale i`ve seen some of these but there very pommy not aussie.... no offence.. :D

I am querious..... a steak & kidney pie with/without guiness/ beer...English or Australian....whats the difference? Is this something the Australians like to think they excell in?

I did,some time ago.try an Aussie frozen Steak pie at Rimping....label said it was Australias best.....crap!!

The Ozzie one's have shrimp and vegimite in them I understand. :o

Guiness and kidney , steak and ale i`ve seen some of these but there very pommy not aussie.... no offence.. :o

I lived in Australia for 12 years (no sympathy needed i'm over it) and they did a survey on meat pies and found most of the fillings were kangaroo and believe it or not camel when i heard that i was hopping mad and got the hump. But yes i agree totally crap.

well........since i posted that comment.......have you tried pies in SYDNEY?? A grade pies.......harry`s pies... one of the most famous pies in the world served with mash and gravy! ooooh shits on pomy pies no offence but maybe cause i`m australian.......they taste better....

an Aussie has also opened a successfull business here called "thai pies" which are pies which thai filling...........sounds wierd??? i thought so to till i tried it.....

BUT aussie pies are best in my opinion!

I lived in Australia for 12 years (no sympathy needed i'm over it) and they did a survey on meat pies and found most of the fillings were kangaroo and believe it or not camel when i heard that i was hopping mad and got the hump. But yes i agree totally crap.

AUSSIE PIES AND HOT DOGS - cant go wrong!

post-65294-1224229331_thumb.jpg

I'm pretty impressed with Witches pies from Villa if they are fresh, or from there shop in Thonglor if Villa are pulling their usual keep-things-on-the-shelf-way-too-long trick.

Calling an Aussie a "pie-eater" is a bit derogatory. However genuine Aussie type pies can be delicious and like all fare can certainly be inedibale Crap. Good quality pies with various fillings can be bought at Siam Paragon food hall, Bangkok.

As an aside comment: All you Poms will shudder to know that thier "Traditional, Genuine" Cornish Pasties contain Chicken Meat!

I'm pretty impressed with Witches pies from Villa if they are fresh, or from there shop in Thonglor if Villa are pulling their usual keep-things-on-the-shelf-way-too-long trick.

Calling an Aussie a "pie-eater" is a bit derogatory. However genuine Aussie type pies can be delicious and like all fare can certainly be inedibale Crap. Good quality pies with various fillings can be bought at Siam Paragon food hall, Bangkok.

As an aside comment: All you Poms will shudder to know that thier "Traditional, Genuine" Cornish Pasties contain Chicken Meat!

:o

You cant get a decent Cornish Pasty outside of Cornwall. Most of the stuff across the border in England called "Cornish Pasty" is genuine <deleted>. Pasties in Bangkok are on the whole pretty awful, although the bar that I drink in frequently does a pretty reasonable Cornish pasty. I'll try to fiind out the name of the supplier next time I'm in.

Pat's Pies telephone 0 3842 3515

Soi 3 Pattaya Beach Road

North Pattaya

Pat's Pies - The Supper Room telephone 0 3872 3598

Near Tritana Apt.

Pattaya 3rd Road

South Pattaya

If your'e gonna do a "pie run" to Pattaya let us know so we can put in our orders!!

Just had one delivered via chefsxp with mash and supposedly mushy peas whole thing was inedible,360bt with tip but cant blame chefxp they were still here in 25mins great service.

Hi,

for the last three month's we have been selling a lot of our Steak & Ale Pies at the Bistro and Chefsxp - they go down a treat with regulars at the Bistro and on line as well - I have now decided to add a "Cornish Pastry" to our menu which I'l be making today and which will be added to the menu tomorrow - its gonna be traditonal in a short crust pastry with nothing but good Beef Onions and Potato's as a filling - its also going to be substantial in size and a full meal on its own

John

Bistro Eurogourmet

chefsxp for your on line order

Edited by JohnBKKK