I'm Getting Married In The Morning !

Murgatroyd

With all the doom and gloom about, I thought it might be appropriate to post something lighter and more up-beat.

As some of you may know, I moved over to Thailand back in April, to live with and marry my beloved.

We had the civil wedding at the local office a few weeks ago, and tomorrow we are having a party to celebrate our wedding. My beautiful wife suprised me this week when she informed me that we would have a short "Bridal" at the party...

This turns out to be an official Thai Wedding!

So my best suit is ironed, and Her dress is hired... (Beautiful)

I must admit that I didn't think that the marriage registration at the local office was much of a wedding... so I'm very pleased that this actual wedding is taking place... (Typical bridegroom... last to know !)

For those of you who don't know the history, I was introduced to my wife last year... She has never worked in the hospitality industry and was, at the time, working shifts in the local washing machine factory. She's 38, and I'm 51. She has a beautiful 6 year old daughter, who is a bright little lass, and cute as a button. My wife to be and I conversed by text for a few months before we first met last August. Subsequently, I went out for Christmas, and stayed for four weeks with her. I then went home, and started preparing for a permanant move to Thailand in April. I obtained a full O/A multiple entry long stay (retirement) visa from the Thai embassy in London, gave notice on my job and flat, and packed up the possessions that I couldn't live without... (Principally books). These were shipped out to Thailand, and on the 8th of April I arrived to start my new life.

We lived together for six blissfull months, and I have thouroughly enjoyed being a husband and father again.

So Tomorrow's the day... I can't really believe how lucky I am... Wish Me Luck!

A very happy Murgatroyd :o

Having had the village wedding last year and the formal registration this year after getting hold of my original UK divorce papers, I wish you all the very best for the future.

If you are half as happy as I am, I will be twice as happy as you!!

Have a great day and future.

working shifts in the local washing machine factory.

She's 38, and I'm 51.

She has a beautiful 6 year old daughter

I can't really believe how lucky I am... Wish Me Luck!

A very happy Murgatroyd :D

Logical isn't it - a mature woman with committments and prepared to work hard to meet those committments.

You can't believe how lucky you are and you want more luck??? Greedy bugga:o Well done and enjoy your wedding day and what you have found. :o

Congratulations! I wish you the very best. It sounds as if you did all the right things a have a way better chance than most people that I have met. I too was introduced to my wife. We have been married for almost 20 years now. I too have retired and moved all my possessions here.

I hope some time we can meet. At any rate have a happy life.

Oh! At my wedding party I arranged to leave the party early with my new wife and take a honeymoon. We left the party going in full swing. That was one of the smarter things I have done as I am sure the party lasted as long as the free food, whiskey and beer lasted.

Jim in Sa Kaeo

Good luck Matey

You come across as an honerable gentleman and I salute you both.

Like already said, I wish you the same (or More) happiness as I have found here with my wife.

I dearly hope you enjoy the different culture and please always remember its 'thier' country not ours.

David & Sri

let me warn you...I will not use my patience with anyone who tries to turn this positive thread into any kind of flame.

by the way - I dont have a lot of patience to begin with, so you are treading on very thin ice. Id be careful, unless you enjoy a swim in really really cold water.

Murg - congrats and all the best for your life together :o

Getting married?? Nice knowing you..... :o All kidding aside, Congrats Murg..... I wish you many happy years ahead.

Being a bachelor for over 25 years I didn't think I would ever get married again and then low and behold I found the love of my life after first coming to Thailand 8 years ago.... I have to say that the last five years of my life have been the most happiest since being married to my lifetime partner. And it took me 48 years to finally become a Father... (Why did I wait so long for all this joy?)

I wish you the very best and I am happy to hear that you seem to take your stepdaughter in 100% as part of the package.... All the power to you!!!!

Getting married?? Nice knowing you..... :o All kidding aside, Congrats Murg..... I wish you many happy years ahead.

Being a bachelor for over 25 years I didn't think I would ever get married again and then low and behold I found the love of my life after first coming to Thailand 8 years ago.... I have to say that the last five years of my life have been the most happiest since being married to my lifetime partner. And it took me 48 years to finally become a Father... (Why did I wait so long for all this joy?)

I wish you the very best and I am happy to hear that you seem to take your stepdaughter in 100% as part of the package.... All the power to you!!!!

Isnt it heartwarming to hear all this amongst all the doom and gloom,...there are many like us and i feel we should post more often with our positive experiences/relationships to give the not so lucky ones faith,.took me half a century to find my soulmate, but was worth it ! :D