Anyone Got This Book I Can Borrow?

Wentworth

I'm a regular customer of Peter's at Orn's Bookshop. I want to read Philip Pullman's 'Dark Materials' Series. Peter had all three and I read the first one 'Northern Lights' and I have the third 'The Amber Spyglass', but the second one 'The Subtle Knife' isn't available.

I don't really want to buy a new copy, cos I'm tight like that and so was wondering if anyone had a copy of the 'Subtle Knife' lying around , that I could borrow. I've looked in the 'Used Bookshop' opposite the Wiang Inn and Gare Garron, but no can do.

• 1 month later...

came accross this second hand bookshop in Bkk called

Dasa Book Cafe

www.dasabookcafe.com

[email protected]

Good luck

Saw your comment about not wanting to pay for the book. Are you Dutch?

If you can get to Bangkok Dasa is a very good bookstore but his list is usually inaccurate & rips you off sometimes when you return books you buy from him but he does not want.

Otherwise there is another second hand bookstore on the other side of the road heading back to Soi 33 and off course at least 10 used sources (shops & stalls) around Khao San if you want to

mix with the true Thai tourists sitting in bars and cafes all day so they can go back home and rave on about their expolits Thailand.

I visit all of them regularly. Bookstores not the backpacker wannabes.

Signed Cynical

Raylo, please show me where I said that I did not want to pay for the book.

And what if I'm Dutch?

Can you read?

Good luck Saw your comment about not wanting to pay for the book. Are you Dutch? If you can get to Bangkok Dasa is a very good bookstore but his list is usually inaccurate & rips you off sometimes when you return books you buy from him but he does not want. Otherwise there is another second hand bookstore on the other side of the road heading back to Soi 33 and off course at least 10 used sources (shops & stalls) around Khao San if you want to mix with the true Thai tourists sitting in bars and cafes all day so they can go back home and rave on about their expolits Thailand. I visit all of them regularly. Bookstores not the backpacker wannabes. Signed Cynical