Where Is Gold Going In This Market

So I should go short on gold and Naam should go long? We should listen to Jayman, his avatar demands it.

Naam posted 2010-11-14 - "for the benefit of those TV-members who are looking for information i consider it my duty to point out flaws, incorrect facts and/or assumptions as well as wishy-washy or outright ridiculous claims.

disclaimer: i (actually "we") hold a substantial amount of physical, paper and 'mining' gold and after the 2009 mother load of investment opportunities (which are gone now) i see fair value in holding a certain percentage of gold because we are facing an uncertain future. but the afore-mentioned does not prevent that i keep on acting as 'advocatus diaboli' in this thread as a counterweight of goldbugs who float on cloud nine."

http://www.thaivisa....60#entry4021260

Naam, on 2011-11-19 16:35:43, said: friendly reminder:

disclaimer update: presently we hold neither paper nor mining gold, physical only.

http://www.thaivisa....25#entry4858141

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What % capital does UOB Singers operate at?

Thai banks are about 16%, US and UK barely 1% apparently. You think in SHTF event little old you or me would keep access this "allocated" accounts? Really your paper certificate sounds 95% insane from my perspective, because you don't own any gold, just a piece of paper promising it to you. Do they not have gold shops in Indonesia?

"US and UK barely 1% apparently" = complete rubbish "apparently"!

United States 2008/9.3% 2009/10.9% 2010/11.1% 2011/11.3%

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/FB.BNK.CAPA.ZS

Edited by Naam

Thai banks are about 16%, US and UK barely 1% apparently. You think in SHTF event little old you or me would keep access this "allocated" accounts? Really your paper certificate sounds 95% insane from my perspective, because you don't own any gold, just a piece of paper promising it to you. Do they not have gold shops in Indonesia?

The Group remained well capitalised with core Tier 1, Tier 1 and total capital adequacy ratios at 12.6%, 14.3% and 18.3% respectively as at 30 September 2012. The capital adequacy

ratios were higher, due to higher retained earnings and issuance of S$1.2 billion subordinated

notes, partly offset by higher risk-weighted assets.

http://www.uob.com.sg/assets/pdfs/investor/financial/2012/newsrelease_3q_2012.pdf

note: MAS (Monetary Authority of Singapore) is one of the strictest, if not THE strictest, banking regulator on this planet!

Precious Metals At Decision Point

http://theshortsideo...point.html#more

In his recent newsletter, Frank Holmes showed that just about every major central bank has plans to increase their balance sheets well beyond 2013.

this made me sit up! why? because every child knows that Frank Holmes has excellent connections to every major central bank which submit their plans to him.

however, i still have a problem to understand how a central bank can "increase" its balance sheet with gold. is it by attaching gold leaf to make the balance sheet longer or is the gold leaf attached at the sides to make it wider?

huh.png

note to myself: subscribe to Frank Holmes' newsletter today!

Monthly Subscription Cost: $10/month
Edited by Naam

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/FB.BNK.CAPA.ZS

Yeah sure , that's why they keep having to be fed billions and having "IT" problems where money cant be withdrawn and transactions dont process properly for days or weeks. Banks need 30bn more was headline just last week. Maybe your numbers are including such great and safe tier one assets like government bonds, bought and paid for by same government cash. That's a real winning formula for the long term I'm sure.

On second thought, I'll keep my money out the the crooks/ thieves/ fraudsters hands, cheers

Yes they have gold shops in Indonesia, they even have an official state govt. gold shop you can buy from PT. Antam I beleive just google it and it displays the gold proucts for sale up to bars of 250 oz.. But I really do not want to hold gold.

As for UOB they are by far much safer and more well off than any bank in the US or the EU, I trust them completely.

Edited by Thailand Bound

The Group remained well capitalised with core Tier 1, Tier 1 and total capital adequacy ratios at 12.6%, 14.3% and 18.3% respectively as at 30 September 2012. The capital adequacy

ratios were higher, due to higher retained earnings and issuance of S$1.2 billion subordinated

notes, partly offset by higher risk-weighted assets.

http://www.uob.com.s...ase_3q_2012.pdf

note: MAS (Monetary Authority of Singapore) is one of the strictest, if not THE strictest, banking regulator on this planet!

When the USD started to go crazy with the Bush plan, the housing market was a bubble being created in 2005 and the writing was on the wall I started to do 2 things invest in gold and buy more SGD in small increments.

http://data.worldban.../FB.BNK.CAPA.ZS

Yeah sure , that's why they keep having to be fed billions and having "IT" problems where money cant be withdrawn and transactions dont process properly for days or weeks. Banks need 30bn more was headline just last week. Maybe your numbers are including such great and safe tier one assets like government bonds, bought and paid for by same government cash. That's a real winning formula for the long term I'm sure.

On second thought, I'll keep my money out the the crooks/ thieves/ fraudsters hands, cheers

as opposed to you i don't post numbers out of thin air. the numbers above are not "my" numbers but numbers from the Worldbank.

as opposed to you i don't post numbers out of thin air. the numbers above are not "my" numbers but numbers from the Worldbank.

You're seriously suggesting the World Bank has more reliable figures than MccW?

Next thing you'll be believing the gold in Fort Knox is really there......

You're seriously suggesting the World Bank has more reliable figures than MccW?

Next thing you'll be believing the gold in Fort Knox is really there......

that the Knox gold is gone goes without saying. recently i had an interesting discussion with the Tooth Fairy and she confirmed that Snowhite's seven dwarfs dug a tunnel, "stoled" all the gold and then rehypothecated most of it with a Nigerian bank.

with the remaining part they artificially suppress the global gold price on behalf of the Chinese central bank which will mop up secretly all available physical gold and then present the new world reserve currency fully backed by gold and panda poo. they are still looking for a fitting name and accept suggestions.

that the Knox gold is gone goes without saying. recently i had an interesting discussion with the Tooth Fairy and she confirmed that Snowhite's seven dwarfs dug a tunnel, "stoled" all the gold and then rehypothecated most of it with a Nigerian bank.

with the remaining part they artificially suppress the global gold price on behalf of the Chinese central bank which will mop up secretly all available physical gold and then present the new world reserve currency fully backed by gold and panda poo. they are still looking for a fitting name and accept suggestions.

A new currency name for China to take over the world?

Fukuwondi

For those of you keeping score..

The World Bank= To be trusted

The World Gold Council = Not to be Trusted

The Tooth Fairy = To be trusted....

next..

The World Gold Council? Anyone from this forum a member?

No but I think the tooth fairy works as nam's gardener during the day.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

Edited by Jayman

For those of you keeping score..

The World Bank= To be trusted

The World Gold Council = Not to be Trusted

The Tooth Fairy = To be trusted....

next..

The World Gold Council? Anyone from this forum a member?

No but I think the tooth fairy works as nam's gardener during the day.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

based on various postings i conclude that gold day-trading and financing a 15k Baht aircon unit generates genuine interest in other people's gardeners.

I see where this thread has 9100 posts in it so far and I was wondering if any of you old timers contributing had ever seen this question and it's possible answer?

Exactly, Where is Gold Going in This Market? Does anyone's Gardener have thoughts on this?

I don't have a gardener but my housekeeper told me in confidence that it is going to change. So don't let that get around.

But will there be Gold coins?

Virginia coin moves closer to reality

Virginia Del. Robert G. Marshall fears that a financial apocalypse is coming and only one thing can save the Commonwealth: its own currency.

The idea that Virginia should consider issuing its own money was dismissed as just another quixotic quest by one of the most conservative members of the state legislature when Marshall introduced it three years ago. But it has since gained traction not only in Virginia, but also in states across the country as Americans have grown increasingly suspicious of the institutions entrusted with safeguarding the economy.

This week, the proposal by the Prince William Republican sailed through the House of Delegates with a two-to-one majority.

“This is a serious study about a serious topic,” Marshall said Tuesday. “We’re not completely powerless.”

So far, only Utah has approved a law recognizing nontraditional currency. Four other states have bills pending this year. Marshall said he is unsure of his proposal’s prospects in the Virginia Senate. One Democrat derided it as a descent into “la-la land.”

But the fact that the debate is happening at all reflects a deep-seated distrust in the very foundation of the country’s economic system — the dollar.

Much of the anger is directed at the Federal Reserve, which controls the nation’s supply of money. Since the financial crisis, the Fed has pumped trillions of dollars into the economy to help avert what Chairman Ben S. Bernanke believed could have been the next Great Depression. Critics worry the Fed won’t ever stop.

Marshall believes that the result could resemble the Weimar Republic of Germany after World War I: a worthless currency, skyrocketing inflation and a crumbling government.

And those are only the problems that the Fed might create. Who knows what other threats may be lurking in the shadowy world of cyberattacks, Marshall said. The Fed acknowledged Tuesday that its computer systems were recently compromised, although the problems did not affect critical operations and have since been fixed.

“This is a lifeboat study; what happens if?” Marshall said.

Mainstream economics maintains that America is in little danger of turning into postwar Germany. Inflation is below 2 percent even though the Fed has tripled the amount of money in circulation since the 2008 financial crisis. Investors view the dollar as a safe haven, buying up greenbacks when turmoil strikes around the globe. A single currency is one of the bedrock assumptions of modern economics.

But that doesn’t mean Virginia shouldn’t be ready, Marshall and his supporters believe. His proposal would create a 10-member commission to study “the need, means, and schedule for establishing a metallic-based monetary unit to serve as a contingency currency for the Commonwealth.”

The study would cost $17,440.

“The resolution is pretty modest,” said Lawrence H. White, a George Mason University economics professor who said he supports the proposal as a private citizen. “It’s ‘consider the idea.’ ”

White doesn’t subscribe to the doomsday scenario, but he’s no optimist, either. He predicted that the inflation rate would rise to 5 percent before the end of the decade and eventually reach 10 percent.

Yes, I was born and bred in the "Old Dominion" or as some call it the "Mother State" and "Virginia is for Lovers" and we do "Live Passionately"

Edited by Thailand Bound

Virginia Del. Robert G. Marshall fears that a financial apocalypse is coming and only one thing can save the Commonwealth: its own currency.

The thing about gold bugs is that they are intellectually lazy and copy and paste rubbish from every and any goldjunk website.

Their shallowness knows no limits. So now we have a fan of Robert G. Marshall. If you have any doubts that the forum gold bugs are anything other than thoroughly crass in their ideas read this about our 'new friend' Mr Marshall:

'When asked about abortion in the case of incest, Marshall replied that sometimes incest is voluntary. In response to abortions in the case of rape, Marshall said, "Your origins should not be held against you [referring to the victim's unborn child. The woman becomes a sin-bearer of the crime, because the right of a child predominates over the embarrassment of the woman." On Sept. 6th 2012, Marshall spoke at a press conference against state funding for Planned Parenthood. He blasted the organization for supporting a women’s right to choose, saying that 'God punishes women who have had abortions by giving them disabled children.'

Edited by yoshiwara

The thing about gold bugs is that they are intellectually lazy and copy and paste rubbish from every and any goldjunk website.

Their shallowness knows no limits. So now we have a fan of Robert G. Marshall. If you have any doubts that the forum gold bugs are anything other than thoroughly crass in their ideas read this about our 'new friend' Mr Marshall:

'When asked about abortion in the case of incest, Marshall replied that sometimes incest is voluntary. In response to abortions in the case of rape, Marshall said, "Your origins should not be held against you [referring to the victim's unborn child. The woman becomes a sin-bearer of the crime, because the right of a child predominates over the embarrassment of the woman." On Sept. 6th 2012, Marshall spoke at a press conference against state funding for Planned Parenthood. He blasted the organization for supporting a women’s right to choose, saying that 'God punishes women who have had abortions by giving them disabled children.'

So I am lazy and my Mom was punished for having me, a disable child? Nice to meet you too Yoshi.

So I am lazy and my Mom was punished for having me, a disable child? Nice to meet you too Yoshi.

More brilliance from new gold bug hero Robert G. Marshall:

Following Congress' repeal of the military's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy in December 2010, Marshall proposed a bill to "ban gays from openly serving in the Virginia National Guard because he is worried about service members catching sexually transmitted diseases from gay troops." According to the Washington Post, Marshall justified the legislation by saying: "If I needed a blood transfusion and the guy next to me had committed sodomy 14 times in the last month, I'd be worried," and "It's a distraction when I'm on the battlefield and have to concentrate on the enemy 600 yards away and I'm worried about this guy who's got eyes on me."

More brilliance from new gold bug hero Robert G. Marshall:

Following Congress' repeal of the military's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy in December 2010, Marshall proposed a bill to "ban gays from openly serving in the Virginia National Guard because he is worried about service members catching sexually transmitted diseases from gay troops." According to the Washington Post, Marshall justified the legislation by saying: "If I needed a blood transfusion and the guy next to me had committed sodomy 14 times in the last month, I'd be worried," and "It's a distraction when I'm on the battlefield and have to concentrate on the enemy 600 yards away and I'm worried about this guy who's got eyes on me."

Yoshi, just because Mr. Marshall will not allow you to join the National Guard I am sure there are other exotic groups for you too join there in BKK. down in the Silom lower soi's area and the Bang Rak area. I beleive you already know what Google has told me today.

Yoshi, just because Mr. Marshall will not allow you to join the National Guard I am sure there are other exotic groups for you too join there in BKK. down in the Silom lower soi's area and the Bang Rak area. I beleive you already know what Google has told me today.

Smearing someone else's sexuality would appear to be an echo of Mr Marshall's opinions. In a hole and digging. Well done.

More from our gold bug friend Robert G Marshall:

During the (Virginia) 2012 legislative session, Marshall and other Republicans supported a measure to require women in Virginia to undergo a trans-vaginal ultrasound procedure before being allowed to have a legal abortion. Public protests about this invasive procedure caused Virginia Governor Robert F. McDonnell to withdrawn his support for the bill. It was then amended to require only an "external" ultrasound procedure, even though it was not medically required or indicated.

I just choked on my green tea when I read this.

sick.gif

If anyone can be bothered to look back at all your posts( in any thread ) they will find nothing more than drivel, insults and talking down to other TV members and you have the audacity to accuse others of being shallow?

giggle.gif

So if gold bugs are intellectually lazy " oh wise one " , please explain how and when this mountain of debt around the world is going to be paid off?

Over to you, Einstein

huh.png

sick.gif

If anyone can be bothered to look back at all your posts( in any thread ) they will find nothing more than drivel, insults and talking down to other TV members and you have the audacity to accuse others of being shallow?

giggle.gif

So if gold bugs are intellectually lazy " oh wise one " , please explain how and when this mountain of debt around the world is going to be paid off?

Over to you, Einstein

huh.png

Hey it's the man with the golden touch, don't worry about Yoshi, he get's this way each time a Katoey put's her hand on his leg and it sends his ego over the moon.

sick.gif

giggle.gif

Over to you, Einstein

huh.png

Hey it's the man with the golden touch, don't worry about Yoshi, he get's this way each time a Katoey put's her hand on his leg and it sends his ego over the moon.

laugh.png