Where Is Gold Going In This Market

The GOFO rates for gold have been a bit psychotic as of late. Sovereign holdings being called and over collateralized by the likes of JPM. What does it all mean? Me tinks the central bankers will soon be fighting the sovereigns for control over the monetary supplies as the global devaluation of currencies is wreaking havoc on consumer markets and prices.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-08-09/gold-collateral-situation-its-complicated-6-month-gofo-back-red

Hello, it must be zerofudge regurgitating Sunday to tack on to Here Is The News From Russia.

I thought this was a thread on gold, not a critique of news sources. Where do you get your news, from the MSM?

You have to understand Loptr that Yoshiwara isn't interested in any real news, no matter where it comes from if doesn't spew the garbage misinformation that satisfies the banksters agenda rolleyes.gif

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The GOFO rates for gold have been a bit psychotic as of late. Sovereign holdings being called and over collateralized by the likes of JPM. What does it all mean? Me tinks the central bankers will soon be fighting the sovereigns for control over the monetary supplies as the global devaluation of currencies is wreaking havoc on consumer markets and prices.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-08-09/gold-collateral-situation-its-complicated-6-month-gofo-back-red

Hello, it must be zerofudge regurgitating Sunday to tack on to Here Is The News From Russia.
I thought this was a thread on gold, not a critique of news sources. Where do you get your news, from the MSM?
You have to understand Loptr that Yoshiwara isn't interested in any real news, no matter where it comes from if doesn't spew the garbage misinformation that satisfies the banksters agenda rolleyes.gif

for the record... it is a well known fact that more than a dozen individuals, who have obviously reasons to hide their identity, post in zero-hedge using the pseudonym "Tyler Durden".

this fact should be taken in consideration when judging the "information" presented by null-hedge.

Zero Hedge is a news website, content aggregator, and collection of blogs by contributing editors. It reports on economics, Wall Street, and the financial sector and is credited with bringing the controversial practice of flash trading to public attention in 2009 via a series of posts alleging that Goldman Sachs' access to flash order information allowed the firm to gain unfair profits. The news portion of the site is written by a group of editors who collectively write under the pseudonym "Tyler Durden", a character from the novel Fight Club.

for the record... it is a well known fact that more than a dozen individuals, who have obviously reasons to hide their identity, post in zero-hedge using the pseudonym "Tyler Durden".

this fact should be taken in consideration when judging the "information" presented by null-hedge.

Zero Hedge is a news website, content aggregator, and collection of blogs by contributing editors. It reports on economics, Wall Street, and the financial sector and is credited with bringing the controversial practice of flash trading to public attention in 2009 via a series of posts alleging that Goldman Sachs' access to flash order information allowed the firm to gain unfair profits. The news portion of the site is written by a group of editors who collectively write under the pseudonym "Tyler Durden", a character from the novel Fight Club.

but he also dismissed RT? In fact he dismisses everyone unless it is in the bankster friendly media under the ownership of “those who cannot be named “. And if you look around it's not difficult to find the same stories in other media outlets.

and as for people wishing to hide the identity you can't blame them if they would like to risk their chances of suffering a similar fate as Michael Hastings ?

http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/?p=425780

Edited by midas

but he also dismissed RT? In fact he dismisses everyone unless it is in the bankster friendly media under the ownership of those who cannot be named . And if you look around it's not difficult to find the same stories in other media outlets.and as for people wishing to hide the identity you can't blame them if they would like to risk their chances of suffering a similar fate as Michael Hastings ?[/b]

personally i watch RT news every day. but i don't take everything RT presents at face value. a fact that applies to both RT an ZH is that their contributions are most of the time heavily biased and quite often overblown and distorted in a sensationalist manner. this does not add to their credibility.

but he also dismissed RT? In fact he dismisses everyone unless it is in the bankster friendly media under the ownership of those who cannot be named . And if you look around it's not difficult to find the same stories in other media outlets.and as for people wishing to hide the identity you can't blame them if they would like to risk their chances of suffering a similar fate as Michael Hastings ?[/b]

personally i watch RT news every day. but i don't take everything RT presents at face value. a fact that applies to both RT an ZH is that their contributions are most of the time heavily biased and quite often overblown and distorted in a sensationalist manner. this does not add to their credibility.

As opposed to tv news channels that feature dumb blondes predicting the demise of gold because " it isn't backed by anything " while the US dollar has the Federal Reserve cheesy.gif

As opposed to tv news channels that feature dumb blondes predicting the demise of gold because " it isn't backed by anything " while the US dollar has the Federal Reserve cheesy.gif

fact: dumb blondes were right during the last two years, null-hedge and Max Keiser were wrong promoting gold. gold worth a million dollars two years ago is worth today 698,107 dollars.

fact: dumb blondes were right during the last two years, null-hedge and Max Keiser were wrong promoting gold. gold worth a million dollars two years ago is worth today 698,107 dollars.

fact. Dumb blondes were talking a few months ago, not two years ago and two years ago the world wasn't in debt to the tune of $ 51.78 trillion ( p.s.7 years!!! ha ha ha )

http://www.economist.com/content/global_debt_clock

fact. Dumb blondes were talking a few months ago, not two years ago and two years ago the world wasn't in debt to the tune of $ 51.78 trillion ( p.s.7 years!!! ha ha ha )

http://www.economist.com/content/global_debt_clock

there's no evidence only cheap talk what blondes talked when on what tv-channels.

but what can be verified is that zero-hedge was still promoting gold when it was at it's peak! when zero-hedge started early 2009 its experts warned continously not to buy any financials. most financial assets (shares and bonds) raked in 300-600% within 6 months from march till september 2009, some made 1,000% during this period.

conclusion: zero-hedge anonymous blockshpotters = sorry losers!

note: the world's "tsunaming" debt did not prevent investors to rake in huge profits.

let's discuss facts and not forecasts or assumptions concerning the future or what might happen "in the long run".

Most of the so-called 'dumb blondes' working on CNBC and Bloomberg are better educated and better informed than the typical hysteria-mongering cut and paster with empty pretensions on this forum.

measured against your ermmm...." intellectual capacity " giggle.gif Yoshiwara, those dumb blondes must look like " absolute geniuses "

Edited by midas

Zero Hedge was not wrong, it is just that they under estimated the evil bankers ability to fool the sheeple as they suck all the physical gold supply dry and deflate the paper price. Any day now though, $40,000/oz AU.

why only 40,000? huh.png

• The import duty on bars of refined gold is upped to 10% from 8% and on silver to 10% from 6%, reports the FT and Reuters.
  • The move follows yesterday's pledge from the finance ministry to cut the nation's current account deficit with a curb in demand for precious metals cited as a key measure.
  • Demand for the metals is a headache (embarrassment?) for the government as it tries to combat a rupee which recently fell to a record low against the dollar.

you have all missed the point - it doesn't f***ing matter - we are all dead one day and all these 410 pages on Gold are irrelevant : amongst the TOP TEN "regrets of the aging" is not "what's the price of my gold" (strangely) - get a life for God's sake

you have all missed the point - it doesn't f***ing matter - we are all dead one day and all these 410 pages on Gold are irrelevant : amongst the TOP TEN "regrets of the aging" is not "what's the price of my gold" (strangely) - get a life for God's sake

thumbsup.gifclap2.gifthumbsup.gif

Paulson slices GLD holdings by more than half • 7:12 AM

• The largest investor in the SPDR Gold Trust (GLD), Paulson & Co. cut its holdings by more than half to 10.2M shares in the quarter ended June 30. It's the first cut since 2011 and came "due to a reduced need for hedging," says the firm in an emailed response to questions.
  • Funds run for George Soros and Daniel Loeb sold their entire GLD stakes in Q2.
  • As for gold miners (GDX), Paulson sold its call options on Barrick Gold (ABX), but maintained stakes in Agnico Eagle (AEM), Allied Nevada (ANV), and Iamgold (IAG). Holdings in Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) were boosted to 15.5M shares from 9M.

It is going down for now. Perhaps 800 is the floor. Gold is not used so much unlike oil. Drop in price will not influence negatively the world. Paulson and Soros sold all gold holdings. That tells u something. They think it will plummet.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Paulson and Soros sold all gold holdings. That tells u something.

Maybe that the fractional reserve Comex / futures / ETF trading vehicles for "gold" are heading towards an inevitable shift in confidence?

Comex guy: "We rarely ever get a 1% [orders for delivery]"

Kyle Bass: "What if it does happen?"

Comex guy: "Price will solve everything"

Kyle Bass: "Thanks. Give me the gold."

http://investmentwatchblog.com/kyle-bass-says-comex-cant-deliver/

Just maybe it's getting closer. Not being an insider, I wouldn't want to bet on timing for something like that though.

Maybe Larry Edelson's predicted "drop in september" will happen after all?

Paulson and Soros sold all gold holdings. That tells u something.

Maybe that the fractional reserve Comex / futures / ETF trading vehicles for "gold" are heading towards an inevitable shift in confidence?

Comex guy: "We rarely ever get a 1% [orders for delivery]"

Kyle Bass: "What if it does happen?"

Comex guy: "Price will solve everything"

Kyle Bass: "Thanks. Give me the gold."

http://investmentwatchblog.com/kyle-bass-says-comex-cant-deliver/

Just maybe it's getting closer. Not being an insider, I wouldn't want to bet on timing for something like that though.

Maybe Larry Edelson's predicted "drop in september" will happen after all?

" In our office, we tried to buy physical gold right when it got down to right around $1200-1250, it's been 8 weeks and we still haven't received our order of physical gold so I think what that means is there's a huge run on physical right now... - Comex gold trader from Graphite Capital - Bloomberg Interview, sourced from the TF Metals Report. "

In our office, we tried to buy physical gold right when it got down to right around $1200-1250, it's been 8 weeks and we still haven't received our order of physical gold so I think...

and i think that in "their" office there was no Gold available to be bought. nice try! wink.png

In our office, we tried to buy physical gold right when it got down to right around $1200-1250, it's been 8 weeks and we still haven't received our order of physical gold so I think...

and i think that in "their" office there was no Gold available to be bought. nice try! wink.png

No no, you're wrong! In the second part of the interview he says they were told they would have to wait 7 years for delivery! giggle.gif

No no, you're wrong! In the second part of the interview he says they were told they would have to wait 7 years for delivery! giggle.gif

your irrelevant postings don't even make me yawn nowadays.

Edited by Naam

Yosh's hero is now recommending GDX w00t.gif

Is silver back in the bull market?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100967380

yoshiwara, on 01 Jul 2013 - 16:41, said:snapback.png

churchill, on 01 Jul 2013 - 16:11, said:snapback.png

All of the Gold the miners are at this time seen as absolute no hopers.... but that is baked in ....and so if if the Gold price rises these stocks could be up 100% in months

Another of your half-baked ideas.

GDXJ up around 45%

GDX up around 30%

SIL up around 45%

to date ....biggrin.png

Time to look at gold, silver, miners and ETFs?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/time-to-look-at-gold-silver-miners-and-etfs-2013-08-16?pagenumber=1

Edited by churchill

All of the Gold the miners are at this time seen as absolute no hopers.... but that is baked in ....and so if if the Gold price rises these stocks could be up 100% in months

GDXJ up around 45%

GDX up around 30%

SIL up around 45%

to date ....biggrin.png

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/time-to-look-at-gold-silver-miners-and-etfs-2013-08-16?pagenumber=1

JPMorgan Advises To... Buy Gold?giggle.gif

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-08-16/jpm-advises-buy-gold

Edited by midas

GDXJ up around 45%

GDX up around 30%

SIL up around 45%

to date ....biggrin.png

Gartman is a trader. That means that sometimes he buys and sometimes he sells. I don't have a problem with that.

And for all the lazy ones it is always coulda, shoulda, mighta. It is that which is half-baked.

eg 'time to look at...blah, blah, blah ?'

It is going down for now. Perhaps 800 is the floor. Gold is not used so much unlike oil. Drop in price will not influence negatively the world. Paulson and Soros sold all gold holdings. That tells u something. They think it will plummet.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I tells me that they probably made a nice profit amd are using the money for something that will give them a better yield than gold in the near future, not meaning that gold is doomed to fall through the bottom.