British Citizenship

Hi everyone,

In the next few weeks I am going to be applying for British citizenship for my wife. We have all the correct ESOL life skills certificates and other documentation sorted but apparently we need to get a letter from the college that she attended and obtained the ESOL life skill certificates from.

Does anyone know what exactly this letter has to say?

Is there a specific content this letter has to contain or set out?

any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

apparently we need to get a letter from the college that she attended and obtained the ESOL life skill certificates from.

Who has informed you, that you need a letter along with your certificate?

Are you sure you have a certificate of ESOL with citizenship from an accredited body?

Good Luck

Moss

I spoke to a lady from one of these citizenship applying checking services.

My wife has attended an ESOL course at one of our local colleges and has obtained several certificates from an awarding body named OCN, this is an exam awarding body partnered with Edexcel and AQA.

Thanks

The certificates says - regional programme in 'Skills for life'

She has several certificates, one for citizenship, reading and writting, speaking, ICT, etc etc however all of them are titled 'skills for life'

I think the letter I need from the college needs to confirm that my wife has progressed to the next level of the course.

Edited by makavelli

the question you need to ask the school is if any of these courses or certificates are recognised by the home office for the life in the uk/citizenship content requirements as "skills for life" is not afaik. that is most likely why the woman at the nationality checking service asked for more clarification.

The life in the uk course certificate would normally specify that it included life in the uk content.

At face value, this certificate does not appear enough to satisfy the requirements.

However, if she has taken an approved course and has demonstrated an improved knowledge from one level to a higher one, it may be enough, but I have never understood this requirement.

I always stand by taking the LitUK test.

Moss

Certificates are issued by recognised awarding bodies only, and not by colleges themselves. We will only accept ESOL Skills for Life certificates (or in Scotland 2 ESOL Units at Access Level under the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework approved by the Scottish Qualification Authority) that have been awarded by one of the nine accredited awarding bodies:

 University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations (ESOL Cambridge)

 Trinity College London

 City & Guilds (Pitmans)

 Edexcel

 English Speaking Board (International)(ESB)

 National Open College Network

 Open College of the North West (OCNW)

 Education Development International (EDI)

 The Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA)

My wife has skills for life certificates from OCN so I presume that these will be fine

Thanks