White Residue At Bottom Of Water Heater

lifeisrandom

i flunked chemistry so please advise. I keep finding what looks like dirt at the bottom of the water heater. I clean it, and it comes back again. Is it the result of a chemical reaction in heating the water?

its one of these things

http://www.amazon.com/Aroma-3%252dlit%252e...663&sr=8-10

Amway have a great cleaner for removing this stuff, also removed it from glass doors in showers. Can't remember the old grannies remedy.

Use filtered rain water and the problem will go away.

There are proprietary lime scale removers that will cure this problem, common in, say, electric kettles in Europe. You leave it soaking overnight and the problem has gone. However these are hard to get in Thailand and this is an item I always bring from the UK. I find in my area that limescale messes up taps, electric water heaters and shower heads - so rain water is not a complete solution The other thing you can do is try to improve the quality of the water supply, either with an additive added to the tank in a bag, or electro-magnetic devices that some claim will work. I've tried various of these and think I've seen a bit of improvement.

i flunked chemistry so please advise. I keep finding what looks like dirt at the bottom of the water heater. I clean it, and it comes back again. Is it the result of a chemical reaction in heating the water?

its one of these things

http://www.amazon.com/Aroma-3%252dlit%252e...663&sr=8-10

If Gary Glitter hasn't been around then it may simply be limescale, if he has...then don't drink the tea!