Shipping Costs From Thailand To Canada?

Anyone have any experience or a good, honest place to ask about costs of shipping a smallish motorcycle from Thailand to Vancouver, Canada? I'm curious since the bikes in Thailand are fairly cheap, and in North America, because they haven't sold many smaller bikes for years, decades really, they tend to be extremely expensive.

Thanks for any info.

Shipping costs are reasonbly low; however, if you're planning on using it on road, the price to get it legal could be more than the cost of the bike itself. For an example (which I understand is about America, but Canada is just a Northern Suburb anways :o ), read this link.

At any rate, I found this link that seems to suggest it's some 20 000 to 35 000 THB to ship.

errh, check this link:

Transport Canada - Importation of vehicles into Canada from countries other than the United States

Edited by dave_boo

I do not know where you are going to in Canada , but there are a number of smaller c/c machines for sell that are reasonable priced , you could look up Canadian Tyre Corp , they sell smaller machines , i know this because my son does waranty work for them .It will cost you around $1000.00 to ship yours by the app cost you have just been given , that is a good start towards a machine you can get a warranty and parts for .

You can also buy a cbr125 (smaller than thai model) in Canada now from Honda. And they are made in Thailand.

God call, I forgot that the cbr125 is a very viable option that is offered there in Canada. Plus it's fuel injected, offering something that the cbr150 lacks. Power is down a bit, some 13 bhp versus the 17 bhp from the larger version.