Visa

:o I have lived in Thailand for almost 3 years now, lived with girlfreind for 18 months, i own 2 properties in Pattaya. Recently tried to get visa for GF, Have been to the British embassy 6 times now and feel we are being given the runaround. Original application completed, documention supplied as requested included deeds from my Thai properties, deeds from GF land, Logbooks for motorbikes purchased same shop same day a year ago, letter of sponsorship, letter from lawyer, last 3 years bank statements and books, photos together, letter from lawyer etc.

On the 5th visit they asked for a letter from her former employer who owns the hotel where she worked, saying if she supplied this a visitors visa would be granted, this was taken on the 6th Visit and as it only had the Hotel stamp and not a proper letterhead she was refused again and told to get a formal letter with letterhead, she has done this and now i plan on visiting the embassy with her again next week, i am planning on getting 2 first class return tickets Bangkok London and taking those in, is this the way to go ? Help please

Hi Catman,

It does sound as if the embassy is giving you the run around. What they are probably saying is that your g/f's circumstances have not changed since the initial refusal and therefore the reasons for this still pertain to any subsequent application.

However, if you can prove that you have lived in Thailand for 3 years and that the 2 of you have assests here then it should be evident to the visa officer that you will both return to Thailand at the end of the holiday in the UK. The air tickets themselves won't help your cause as they can be encashed and are not proof positive that someone intends to return.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific but to be so would require details of the previous refusals and answers to such questions as what's your immigration status in Thailand? Do you do monthly runs or are you on a more "stable" footing, and has your g/f lied in the process of a previous application?

Cheers,

Scouse.

Hi Catman,

It does sound as if the embassy is giving you the run around. What they are probably saying is that your g/f's circumstances have not changed since the initial refusal and therefore the reasons for this still pertain to any subsequent application.

However, if you can prove that you have lived in Thailand for 3 years and that the 2 of you have assests here then it should be evident to the visa officer that you will both return to Thailand at the end of the holiday in the UK. The air tickets themselves won't help your cause as they can be encashed and are not proof positive that someone intends to return.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific but to be so would require details of the previous refusals and answers to such questions as what's your immigration status in Thailand? Do you do monthly runs or are you on a more "stable" footing, and has your g/f lied in the process of a previous application?

Cheers,

Scouse.

Spit it out, Catman, spit it out. :D

Scouse.

:o

Scouse

After the first interview and refusal, they put on the form that they did not think she would return to Thailand and also stated that this decsion was not open for appeal. We submitted another application supplying more documents etc, we have had a further 2 trips to the embassy and now they want to see my bank books again, photos of us together again ! Sponsor letter again ! And proof/evidence of how we met !!! Telephone bill to show she calls me daily while i am abroad, i can supply all of this, but cannot give evidence or proof of how we met, i think that is an unreasonable request from embassy officials.

At no time have we told lies and have tried to do everything above board. My status is that i work overseas for a month and return to Thailand for a month, my passport stamps show this. The embassy have kept hold of some of our documents i.e. my divorce nisi from UK, sponsor letter etc, on our previous last 2 visits we have to go at 13.30 hrs instead of 07.00hrs and get as far as the glass box.

Dear ECO,

I am writing in support of my girlfriend's visit visa application. As you will be aware she has previously been refused because it was not accepted that she would return to Thailand at the end of her holiday.

My girlfriend and I have now lived together for eighteen months and evidence of this is enclosed in the form of .......... The purpose of the visit is for her to see the UK and visit my family who are anxious to meet her. We will travel to and from the UK together and have no intention of remaining there longer than stated. As can be seen from my passport I have not lived in the UK for some 3 years now and I am working in (name of country) on a month-on-month-off basis, spending the month off in Thailand with my girlfriend. I attach evidence of my employment. I own two properties in Thailand and my girlfriend one, the deeds of which have been provided in support of this application.

My girlfriend and I, despite not being married, are to all intents and purposes a couple. Therefore her intentions and mine are inextricably linked. Consequently, as I have no desire whatsoever to currently return to the UK on a permanent basis she has no wish to go there other than for a visit. The evidence that I have submitted in support of this application stongly indicates that the long term future of both of us lies in Thailand.

I understand that the legal standard applied to your decision is that of the balance of probabilities. Based on the foregoing I cannot see how it is possible to construe it as improbable that girlfriend does not wish to return to Thailand at the end of her visit. Whilst I appreciate that no right of appeal exists should her application be refused, I am aware that such a decision is open to challenge at judicial review which establishes whether a government official has acted in an ultra vires fashion; i.e. the balance of probabilities has not been correctly applied and in so doing the individual has acted outside of his powers.

Yours sincerely,

Catman.

Try that as a sponsor's letter. It doesn't come with a guarantee but it puts the best spin on your circumstances. You'll need to add a bit about your ability to pay for the trip and accommodation in the UK. Also provide evidence of your financial standing. Ask for your decree nisi back.

Cheers,

Scouse.

ps Whether you include the legal bit is up to you. It depends how bolshie you want to be.

Scouse.

Scouse

After the first interview and refusal, they put on the form that they did not think she would return to Thailand and also stated that this decsion was not open for appeal. We submitted another application supplying more documents etc, we have had a further 2 trips to the embassy and now they want to see my bank books again, photos of us together again ! Sponsor letter again ! And proof/evidence of how we met !!! Telephone bill to show she calls me daily while i am abroad, i can supply all of this, but cannot give evidence or proof of how we met, i think that is an unreasonable request from embassy officials.

At no time have we told lies and have tried to do everything above board. My status is that i work overseas for a month and return to Thailand for a month, my passport stamps show this. The embassy have kept hold of some of our documents i.e. my divorce nisi from UK, sponsor letter etc, on our previous last 2 visits we have to go at 13.30 hrs instead of 07.00hrs and get as far as the glass box.

Scouse.

Scouse

Thanks for the advice Scouse, appreciate it

Scouse.

Scouse

Thanks for the advice Scouse, appreciate it