Wifi Options Around Lamphun

Jockstar

I dont mind paying. But free would be better. I did post this in the internet forum. But thought i would ask here also.

Need some help as my question above. Going to visit family in December and i could do with being able to get online easily. Is there a pay as you go or pre pay option for when i'm up country? Thanks in advance.

I think i should also start another thread for a pissup. But hey i can do that later. :o

I dont mind paying. But free would be better. I did post this in the internet forum. But thought i would ask here also.

Need some help as my question above. Going to visit family in December and i could do with being able to get online easily. Is there a pay as you go or pre pay option for when i'm up country? Thanks in advance.

I think i should also start another thread for a pissup. But hey i can do that later. :o

Hi

I dont know about wifi hotspot in Lamphun, if this is what you mean. But if you mean an Internet Access, yes you have, pay by hour, dial-up (not ADSL) in Thailand. Loxinfo or other, you will find package to buy in every computer shops including 7/11. Test it with a small package (5 hours). If the speed is OK, but a bigger one. But you need a phone line for this at home ...

What about Internet cafe, if this is just to check mail. You can even go there with your laptop ... and there are some in Lanphun city for sure ...

Philippe

What about Internet cafe, if this is just to check mail. You can even go there with your laptop ... and there are some in Lanphun city for sure ...

Philippe

Name one with an address, please.

Hi,

I don't have one on my desk (come on ... ).

Just ask students, they will show you the way. Not far from school, sure you will find.

For wifi, Chiangmai (Zest coffee) or many other places offer free wifi if you take a lunch or a drink ... just 20 km north .. and a good place to eat and relax too.

Philippe

As a long time resident of Muang Lamphun, I can assure you that there are internet cafes all over the place, but they are more likely to go by the name of internet game stores, and are usually filled up with students, who probably should be in school, playing online games. As to whether or not they will let you plug in your laptop, I have no idea. And as to wifi hot spots around here, I also have no idea.

If you going to be staying not too far away, you are more than welcome to come by my house and plug into my wired ADSL.

Higgy

... so - regardless of your insurances, there might actually not be any Internet Cafe in Lampoon?

:o sure ... you may be right ... don't even go Lamphun and don't have a look !

No internet cafe in Lamphun .... :D:D

Enjoy your time in Thailand.

Bye

Hey Jock- if I were you, I would look into a DTAC phone with an internet SIM. Or for that matter just a DTAC internet SIM, inserted into your current phone, as long as it has a data cable and can function as a modem for your laptop.

You most likely will not have EDGE coverage in Lamphun (but I could be wrong-depends exactly where you are) but you will be on GPRS.

Current DTAC price- 149 B per month, 40 hours EDGE/GPRS broadband included. Phone and SMS usage 1 B/min/message.

This is a post-pay plan, so you need a Thai credit card.

Hope this helps as a possible option....

As a long time resident of Muang Lamphun, I can assure you that there are internet cafes all over the place, but they are more likely to go by the name of internet game stores, and are usually filled up with students, who probably should be in school, playing online games. As to whether or not they will let you plug in your laptop, I have no idea. And as to wifi hot spots around here, I also have no idea.

If you going to be staying not too far away, you are more than welcome to come by my house and plug into my wired ADSL.

Higgy

Hi Higgy,

Thanks for the info - that's the kind of knowledge I were baiting for. Planning on changing my current 1/4 retirement to a 1/2 one and have Lampoon on the radar, since I've got clients in CM I'd like to nurse. The wife has 3 years experience of running Internet cafees in Chiang mai and I'm considering whether I could pull some pocket money by letting her run one in Lampoon?