Selling My Car.

Lithobid

Hi all, I'm ready to get rid of my Truck. I have a 10 year old Mazda Speed, it is in good shape, and I've replaced most of the main systems in the car, brakes, clutch, aircon. I want to get rid of it, and other than dumping it in a lake, am looking for the most hassle free way. I'm not so picky on getting good value for it, I'd just rather get rid of it quickly (because of a soon return to the states.) When I bought it, a man was helping me in CM, he was a kind of "head hunter" for finding used cars, being privately sold. Anyone know contacts, services, of this type available in CM??

Furthermore, what about all these used car lots I'm seeing driving around, is it worth stopping by and telling them I want to sell my car, or do they not deal that way? I'm sure I won't get a great price, but as I said previously, I'm not looking for premium.

Cheers

Lithobid

Hi all, I'm ready to get rid of my Truck. I have a 10 year old Mazda Speed, it is in good shape, and I've replaced most of the main systems in the car, brakes, clutch, aircon. I want to get rid of it, and other than dumping it in a lake, am looking for the most hassle free way. I'm not so picky on getting good value for it, I'd just rather get rid of it quickly (because of a soon return to the states.) When I bought it, a man was helping me in CM, he was a kind of "head hunter" for finding used cars, being privately sold. Anyone know contacts, services, of this type available in CM??

Furthermore, what about all these used car lots I'm seeing driving around, is it worth stopping by and telling them I want to sell my car, or do they not deal that way? I'm sure I won't get a great price, but as I said previously, I'm not looking for premium.

Cheers

Lithobid

if you lived near me,which you dont,then i would of helped you sell it or bought it cheap myself ....... the car lots generally do buy cars or know someone who may be interested but will definitely be a real crap price.

Try cleaning it up and giving it a good polish. Then check out on the internet what kind of price would be fair.( www.one2car.com ) Lastly, park it somewhere prominent , not too far from home so that locals can see it. Put up a price a few thousand above what you've decide you'll accept for it and see if anyone bites. You might get lucky. Obviously, if its cheaper than what people would pay from a dealer the more chance you have of shifting it quickly. Good luck.