Pressure Cooker Decent Brand

junkofdavid2

What brand pressure cooker would you recommend at a good price in Bangkok?

I don't need state of the art, but I'm concerned about safety, since I don't want the cooker exploding because of the immense pressure inside.

Also, any tips on how to use a pressure cooker safely? :D

click here, this should be ok being made in switzerland Verasu

as to using it, they have a safety valve and shuld therefor be thai proof :o otherwise just follow the instructions

Edited by JohnBKKK

In Zen, Central World, a walk from skytrain, on the 7th floor if i remember correctly, they have several pressure cookers.

The import ones are quite expensive. I bought the Zebra brand (made in Thailand),medium size, for approx 2500 baht.

The quality is superb, as good as the italian pressure cooker I have back home. Zebra has several valves, just follow the instructions and you will be fine.

In Zen, Central World, a walk from skytrain, on the 7th floor if i remember correctly, they have several pressure cookers.

The import ones are quite expensive. I bought the Zebra brand (made in Thailand),medium size, for approx 2500 baht.

The quality is superb, as good as the italian pressure cooker I have back home. Zebra has several valves, just follow the instructions and you will be fine.

I do not recommen Zebra pots in general ... once I bought a 50 L Zebra Pot - when I placed it on one of our burners the meat in stock in the pot actually started burning and smoking even though it was under water/stock - the bottoms on Zebra brand are very thin, not re-inforced so the heat from the burners goes right through and does not disperse over the whole bottom of the pot - they are cheap, but as with anything, you get what you pay for ....

I have an old "Presto" cooker a customer carried over here for me years ago. I had to get a new one because I couldn't find new gaskets for an old German brand I had. Now the "Presto" gasket is starting to become brittle and I could use a new gasket. Do any of you know if "Zen" or any other place here in Thailand sells gaskets for pressure cookers? They don't work so well when the gasket gets old! :o I find that pressure cookers are about the only way I can get some of these dried beans to soften up.

I have an old "Presto" cooker a customer carried over here for me years ago. I had to get a new one because I couldn't find new gaskets for an old German brand I had. Now the "Presto" gasket is starting to become brittle and I could use a new gasket. Do any of you know if "Zen" or any other place here in Thailand sells gaskets for pressure cookers? They don't work so well when the gasket gets old! :o I find that pressure cookers are about the only way I can get some of these dried beans to soften up.

For a Presto brand pressure cooker gasket I recommend checking the Presto website. They do sell gaskets and I bet they ship internationally. Presto website

What brand pressure cooker would you recommend at a good price in Bangkok?

I don't need state of the art, but I'm concerned about safety, since I don't want the cooker exploding because of the immense pressure inside.

Also, any tips on how to use a pressure cooker safely? :D

click here, this should be ok being made in switzerland Verasu

as to using it, they have a safety valve and shuld therefor be thai proof :o otherwise just follow the instructions

I think all pressure cookers now have safety valves. The problem that can still happen is the gasket failing. I had one years ago that the gasket failed on one side. The pot spun around like a top then fell on the floor upside down breaking off the valve. Luckily I was not close by but it was a hel_l of a mess. The kitchen walls and ceiling were dripping with beef broth. It was years before I bought another one.

I think all pressure cookers now have safety valves. The problem that can still happen is the gasket failing. I had one years ago that the gasket failed on one side. The pot spun around like a top then fell on the floor upside down breaking off the valve. Luckily I was not close by but it was a hel_l of a mess. The kitchen walls and ceiling were dripping with beef broth. It was years before I bought another one.

That's why I suggest a European model which has quality seals and has been tested - as far as I know Zebra is made in China and their safety record is not exactly great .... we use a locally made (King) 40 Gallon preasure cooker for pasturizing .... it in a seperate room and no one goes into the room while this thing is under presure .... it electric and works on a timer ... mind you the walls are 2mm stainless stell andit has 2 preasure valves but still ...

we use a locally made (King) 40 Gallon preasure cooker for pasturizing .... it in a seperate room and no one goes into the room while this thing is under presure ....

After seeing what happened with my little one I wouldn't want to be in the same room with that thing either. :o