Looking For A Quiet, Cozy Seashore Location

Hello. I am starting to look for a location to move to which is near the sea (or a large body of water), picturesque, and affordable, complete with a lovely breeze. No need for night life, other than a few nearby restaurants for karaoke and music/drinks in the evenings. My wife and I would like to rent a small house first before buying. Something within sight of the water but not right on it (for affordability reasons). A short walk to the water/beach would be just fine.

Somebody mentioned maybe Pranburi?

Any other suggestions? Thank you.

I would suggest anywhere from BangSaray (south of Pattaya but easy drive in), BanChang, and other side of rayong in BanPhe. I have/am living in all locations and all would suit your needs...

Thanks kc. I'll plan on driving around in that area, then stay in a few resorts. It would take some adjustment for me because the weather I am told is much more rainy there.

Appreciate the information very much :o

Hello. I am starting to look for a location to move to which is near the sea (or a large body of water), picturesque, and affordable, complete with a lovely breeze. No need for night life, other than a few nearby restaurants for karaoke and music/drinks in the evenings. My wife and I would like to rent a small house first before buying. Something within sight of the water but not right on it (for affordability reasons). A short walk to the water/beach would be just fine.

I would say there is plenty of beachfront available in Chumphon , still relatively unspoilt beachfront for 1 million baht per rai see photo no other houses here virtually, 15 minutes to Chumphon town. Just offshore the islands as well just ask a local fisherman they will take you there very cheaply all day. I wont last but there you are.

post-66436-1225411345_thumb.jpg

places like Bang Saphan as well.

thai resorts and restaurants, nice beach, very quiet.

aren't there resorts on that Chumpon beach in that pic?

No there are no resorts on that beach and a fair few others down there I looked at in fact there is a Thai man building 4 very nice houses on the beach there and they are the only ones down the whole stretch of beach. Price was about 7-8 million baht

post-66436-1225421864_thumb.jpg

I like Bang Saphan also. Only the sea is not really suited for swimming. On many places the water is very muddy.

Chumphon beach land plots were 800k for a rai 5 years ago. If they are 1 Million now it reflects its popularity.

Being alone along a beach is not the wisest thing to do in Thailand, ask any Thai. But at the same time it offers a investment oppertunity. Once more places are sold and actually houses are being build, the price will shoot up quickly. When?? 5 year, 10 year, 30 year?? Anybodies guess.

I like Bang Saphan also. Only the sea is not really suited for swimming. On many places the water is very muddy.

Chumphon beach land plots were 800k for a rai 5 years ago. If they are 1 Million now it reflects its popularity.

Being alone along a beach is not the wisest thing to do in Thailand, ask any Thai. But at the same time it offers a investment oppertunity. Once more places are sold and actually houses are being build, the price will shoot up quickly. When?? 5 year, 10 year, 30 year?? Anybodies guess.

Jean Hi ,actually this was the opening price im sure it was negotiable.

Having lived in Bkk for well more than a decade I felt it was time to leave and relocated to Pranburi, I have been down here for 3 years and it very much would meet your requirments. My wife and I live about 1000m from the beach and we love it. There are more and more little restaurants opening all the time and Pranburi itself has a new Makro and Tesco...AND when we are in the mood for the bright lights of the big city, Hua Hin is 30 min away...

I've got a 1.7 rai plot overlooking Bang Saray. Shares a new cul-de-sac road with two other properties. Architectural plans are done. Lovely area.