Christmas Day

donna

I am hoping someone on this forum will be able to help me.

I am a group leader and have 5 families arriving for a 2 week tour with me on Christmas Day. Does anyone know of any places that will welcome families to come and eat a Christmas Dinner (Lunch) at very short notice, like the morning of the 25th?

Some of the kids are young (8 years old) and I want to give them some good options because I will be out drinking Champagne in the morning. :o

Other options are available such as heading down to the river, to Lumpini Park etc, but I want to give them as many options as I can so that they can have a memorable Christmas Day.

If they're Americans, they'd probably find the Christmas buffet at Bourbon Street to be fun. It's first-come-first-served anyway, so the reservations thing is a nonissue. Bourbon Street is an okay place, a bit of a dive but in a nice way. It's owned by a guy from New Orleans and is really the only genuine American hang-out in Bangkok. An awful lot of embassy personnel go there as well as American military and cops out here on temporary duty.

The Christmas and Thanksgiving buffets are actuallly pretty good and not very expensive. There are a lot of expat families with kids and always big crowds. Maybe you'd better email Bourbon Street and make sure they're serving the buffet this year. Then you could also find out what time they start serving and plan to get there early.

You can check out http://www.bourbonstbkk.com/.

If they're Americans, they'd probably find the Christmas buffet at Bourbon Street to be fun. It's first-come-first-served anyway, so the reservations thing is a nonissue. Bourbon Street is an okay place, a bit of a dive but in a nice way. It's owned by a guy from New Orleans and is really the only genuine American hang-out in Bangkok. An awful lot of embassy personnel go there as well as American military and cops out here on temporary duty.

The Christmas and Thanksgiving buffets are actuallly pretty good and not very expensive. There are a lot of expat families with kids and always big crowds. Maybe you'd better email Bourbon Street and make sure they're serving the buffet this year. Then you could also find out what time they start serving and plan to get there early.

You can check out http://www.bourbonstbkk.com/.

Thanks for the warning.I shall make sure I stay away from Bourbon Street on Christmas Day if the "Group Leader",whatever that means,the five families and their kids are going to be there in force.

Thanks for the warning.I shall make sure I stay away from Bourbon Street on Christmas Day if the "Group Leader",whatever that means,the five families and their kids are going to be there in force.

More lame trolling from Boris.............

Seems funny than a "Cambridge Graduate" can't even string a sentence together.

I am hoping someone on this forum will be able to help me. 

I am a group leader and have 5 families arriving for a 2 week tour with me on Christmas Day.  Does anyone know of any places that will welcome families to come and eat a Christmas Dinner (Lunch) at very short notice, like the morning of the 25th? 

Some of the kids are young (8 years old) and I want to give them some good options because I will be out drinking Champagne in the morning.    :o 

Other options are available such as heading down to the river, to Lumpini Park etc, but I want to give them as many options as I can so that they can have a memorable Christmas Day.

Donna

Another place you can try is the Londoner Pub on Soi 33 under the UBC building, they take reservations.

http://www.the-londoner.com/

Have a great time!

Is this lame trolling? I was in fact being quite serious as a Bourbon Street regular and saw it as a possible Christmas venue.I'll have a word with Doug if it seems it will be populated that day by noisy kids.

And so I have lousy punctuation.Live with it Professor, and the fact I am M.A (Cantab) which seems to worry you so much.

Well, Boris, you can go there safely. Your mate was too lazy to reply to my email and I would hate to have you surrounded by other peoples kids (who are all between 10 and 16 I might add).

Baah humbug, Boris.

Well, Boris, you can go there safely.  Your mate was too lazy to reply to my email and I would hate to have you surrounded by other peoples kids (who are all between 10 and 16 I might add). 

Baah humbug, Boris.

10-16 quite ok.It's badly behaved noisy anklebiters I object to, though I would stretch a point for Tiny Tim given the season.

Is this lame trolling? I was in fact being quite serious as a Bourbon Street regular and saw it as a possible Christmas venue.I'll have a word with Doug if it seems it will be populated that day by noisy kids.

And so I have lousy punctuation.Live with it Professor, and the fact I am M.A (Cantab) which seems to worry you so much.

I wonder what M A stands for? :o

Medical Accident?

Mental <deleted>?

:D

No offence Boris

Edited by davethailand

I wonder what M A stands for? :o

Medical Accident?

Mental <deleted>?

:D

No offence Boris

None taken old bean