Beware Of Pot Holes - East Pattaya

whatsoever

Due to the recent heavy rain/flooding many of the roads in and around east Pattaya have become very dangerous. Holes are appearing at random and the edge of many roads have started to break away. Soi Nernplaupwan is particularly bad. So just a word of caution - when the holes are full of water they cant be seen. Take care!

Due to the recent heavy rain/flooding many of the roads in and around east Pattaya have become very dangerous. Holes are appearing at random and the edge of many roads have started to break away. Soi Nernplaupwan is particularly bad. So just a word of caution - when the holes are full of water they cant be seen. Take care!

what about soi khao noi where the new road crosses it,its unbelievabley full of pot holes and has been for months....it holds the traffic up even more now especially in rush hour as every vehicle has to go over at walking pace and still nearly get juddered out your car seat. road maintenance is a joke in pattaya and soi khao noi never seems to be ok for anything more than a month or 2 before being dug up and left in a state again,i guess no important thais live up this road.lets hope one of them buys a house over here so they get something done soon and for good :o

Agree - it is now like a slalom course on Soi Nernplubwan, particularly dangerous at night. The ever-increasing traffic will take it's further toll but I doubt any resurfacing will happen until after someone has ben killed :o .

There is a stretch of road on the new road that runs east of the railway lines, between the main Highway into Pattaya and the 3340, which has completely disintegrated and is VERY dangerous.

This is a brand new road - built by the army.

There are no signs, no warnings no nothing and it spreads across both lanes of the road. Beware.

the wife and i were going to take the bike over to Cafe Uno (coming from Sukh) but we opted for 4 wheels. i'm thankful we did as that drive up Khao Noi was particularly at the new road was like driving on the moon.

Soi Siam seems to be the only road holding up these days...

I've noticed recently that even parts of that are starting to crumble away. Just too much rain, too many trucks and cement mixers, and sub standard road building. Recipe for a disaster.

The holes that were recently repaired in the vicinity of Mulligans have already collapsed again and are now worse than ever. You need a SUV to get through there safely.

the wife and i were going to take the bike over to Cafe Uno (coming from Sukh) but we opted for 4 wheels. i'm thankful we did as that drive up Khao Noi was particularly at the new road was like driving on the moon.

Soi Siam seems to be the only road holding up these days...

I've noticed recently that even parts of that are starting to crumble away. Just too much rain, too many trucks and cement mixers, and sub standard road building. Recipe for a disaster.

The holes that were recently repaired in the vicinity of Mulligans have already collapsed again and are now worse than ever. You need a SUV to get through there safely.

i can't even take the bike out that far at night. it's four wheels anytime i'm going out in that direction.

If you think Soi Nern is bad now.. Wait till they do resurface it. Remember what Soi Siam was like when they repaired that ? It will be a complete grid lock from the Wat all the way to Sukhumwit.. I drove back from Sri Racha today.. then cut round the back roads to my place in Soi Nern dropped off some stuff then drove down to Foodland.. At 3.45pm it too me longer to get to Foodland from outside the Lucky time bar than it did to drive from Sri Ratcha to Pattaya..

The infrastructure is crumbling and so is the quality of life. It's a pain to venture out as parking and driving have become a complete ball ache.. even for a scooter.. Once the developers and builders have fiished nobody in their right mind will want to live here.. Guess it's time to shift further down the coast..