Internet Radio

ljstanley54

Why not just use your PC/Laptop internet connection, or even a normal radio?

Come to think of it I am not even sure that there is such a thing as an 'internet radio', perhaps you are getting confused with radio through the internet via your computer.

I may be wrong though.

Edited by globalj

j - I think he's talking about one of those things that connects to your PC by wireless. They usually have a range of a few hundred meters, the rationale being you don't need to be next to/working on your PC to listen to internet radio stations/audio streams or listen to Mp3s stored on your HD. I've never seen any (for sale) here either, but I'm sure they can be ordered via the internet.

Thanks for those quick replies. Friday afternoon must be a good time to post. Yes I do mean a radio that connects via a wireless connection to the internet.

I just got the wireless connection at home and I've seen these all over the place in Europe. Lets you listen to virtually any radio station anywhere in the world. I wonder if the reason they are not popular here is that I understand that regardless of the internet connection speed you have once you "leave" Thailand you're limited to a 256 (I think) connection.

Edited by ljstanley54

Yes I do mean a radio that connects via a wireless connection to the internet.

Do they connect straight to your router? I always thought they connected to your PC via a thing you plugged into the USB port. If they connect straight to the router, that presumably means you can take them elsewhere and connect to any wireless network?