What To Do At The Weekend?!?

matter

Friday night and I'm scratching my head trying to come up with a plan - again. What to do on Saturday that's entertaining for the children? I know there's plenty to see and do in and around Bangkok, but does anyone have any hidden gems that they can recommend?

We've done Dream World, Safari Park, Siam Water Park, Dusit Zoo, Seacon Square playground.....

Any reco's greatly received!!!

Your final dots don't indicate whether the following reco's have already been explored:

- BKK: children's museum (near chatuchack)

- Children' science museum Nakhon Nayok - klong 6

- Floating market (samut songkran, 1-2h drive)

- Supanburi (lake, small zoo, acquarium, small water park downtown)

- Chockchai Farm (a bit commercialized-americanized, but fun for one time for the kids), Saraburi

- Sunflower fields (seasonal) - Lopburi

- Amphawa: resorts in fruit plantations and fire flies watching

Edited by matcube

Thanks mactube!

Some good recos not yet visited.

Your final dots don't indicate whether the following reco's have already been explored:

- BKK: children's museum (near chatuchack)

- Children' science museum Nakhon Nayok - klong 6

- Floating market (samut songkran, 1-2h drive)

- Supanburi (lake, small zoo, acquarium, small water park downtown)

- Chockchai Farm (a bit commercialized-americanized, but fun for one time for the kids), Saraburi

- Sunflower fields (seasonal) - Lopburi

- Amphawa: resorts in fruit plantations and fire flies watching

We've done Dream World, Safari Park, Siam Water Park ,Dusit Zoo, Seacon Square playground.....

Unlike most venues, Siam Water Park is not a beentheredonethat sort of place. It demands activity, it's in fresh air and enjoyable. Every day off or weekend the route is known - to Siam Park.

If weather is not right or is changeable, then Seacon Square playground or Bang Na Central pool (both became the neigbourhood recently).

Other places - visiting them once a year (if school did not just do it).

Agreed. One should have like 15 or more of such places and year would be covered. Nice topic started, should we compile a sort of on-line xl-sheet with places, locations, short description, comments by visitors, and appreciation votes?

Crocodile Farm in Samut Prakarn is OK - but I hate the conditions in which some of the animals are kept.

Khao Sam Muk / Bangsaen are good too - nice Aquarium in Bangsaen, take the kids to feed the Macaques at Khao Sam Muk (from inside the car - they can be a bit aggressive!), then some really nice seafood places for lunch / early dinner while you watch the water and boats.

I'd like to take the kids to Ancient City too - but they are 7 and 4 so maybe not too much of interest for them yet (according to my wife anyway), but it's qiuite shady and has some elephants and other animals.

Patrick

• 1 year later...

Agreed. One should have like 15 or more of such places and year would be covered. Nice topic started, should we compile a sort of on-line xl-sheet with places, locations, short description, comments by visitors, and appreciation votes?

Sounds like an excellent idea!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I'd like to take the kids to Ancient City too - but they are 7 and 4 so maybe not too much of interest for them yet (according to my wife anyway), but it's qiuite shady and has some elephants and other animals.

My Kids loved it (4 and 8 at the time). Great day out, with lots of room to roam around and explore. Fish to feed, interesting miniature buildings to climb through and pretend to be giants, etc. Take your time and don't expect to see it all in one day though.

just for posterity, the museum of siam near the grand palace is pretty cool for kids. it's sort of an interactive thai culture museum (most information is in thai but even non-thai speakers will find it pretty interesting).