Farangs Working In Walking Street Wtf ?

Pdaz

Second trip to Walking St this week. Been a few Months since I have been down there.. Parked the car down by Bali Hai and walked up to the Southern end of WS.. Suprised when a girl thrusts a leaflet into my hand.. Look up to find that she is a farang :o and dressed as a hostess/waitress of some sort.. There are two of them just in front of the entrance to WS.. I've seen Russian/Eastern Euro girls dancing next to Polo and at the other GoGo type place off of WS in the past.. But was very suprised to see two farang chicks working in full view and doing a job usually done by Thais... In fact they are only 50m from a table set up and occupied by the tourist police .. So how do they get away with this.?. What sort of work permit do these girls have ? I can't believe that Thais haven't complained.. Usually they are responsible for dobbing in illegal workers and they don't want any competition..

Walking St really has become a circus.. Guys dressed as cowboys being watched by dozens of gormless Russians and Indians.. all drinking cheap booze from 7/11 and worse some young girl around 5-6 years old performing balancing and gymnastic tricks for tourists.. Where are the authorities.. surely a girl of this age should be home in bed not performing in the street at 11pm...

Meanwhile the bars seem empty.. guess the Govt's idea of quality tourists didn't include people who spend money... Only people making money are 7/11 and the ice cream/gelato shops...

Hmmm. There are so many TV posters telling us every day that the bars are full and business is flowing????

Who should we believe? I guess the real estate and bar owners are so bored that they are posting on TV with a bunch of B/S about how many tourists are in Pattaya and spending money in the bars????

Hey, if Euro and Russian ladies can work in bars, then it would only be fair to allow farang ladies the same opportunities.

Hmmm. There are so many TV posters telling us every day that the bars are full and business is flowing????

Who should we believe? I guess the real estate and bar owners are so bored that they are posting on TV with a bunch of B/S about how many tourists are in Pattaya and spending money in the bars????

Hey, if Euro and Russian ladies can work in bars, then it would only be fair to allow farang ladies the same opportunities.

Very true.

very few real posters left. this section should be renamed

Pattaya Business section Tips, tricks, and con's.

:o:D:D

Edited by plasticpig

Two things I'd like to add.

1. How does the OP know the girls don't have working visas?

2. In Thailand working for free is still considered to be "working".

As has already been said, working even if unpaid is illegal without a permit.

As to whether these girls have a WP or not ? Well if they do I doubt it is 100% kosher..

What do you think their job descriptions is listed as ? PR Manager ? Ballet Instructor ? Marketing Manager, Chief of Advertising ?

Without consulting the list of prescribed jobs for foreigners ( too lazy to google ) I'd still be brave enough to say that what they are doing is a job usually performed easily by Thais and they have no special knowledge or education. This is usually the deciding fact. So guess somebody has paid some tea money for a blind eye to be turned.. Handing out leaflets is just simply not a job of high enough skill or status for it to have a WP granted.. You usuall need to be of managerial level etc and most farangs here are usually given a fancier title on they WP to aid in it's application.. If others have more info about this please post..and correct me if I a wrong. I've had a WP several times in Thailand, Indo and Singas and as far as I know they don't grant them for any old job...

Oh and as for my comments about WS.. I don't have any business interests here so my remarks are purely from observations.

from what I saw..

WS was crowded ... with Indians, Koreans, Arabs, Russians and Eastern Euros.. Mostly they were milling around the street drinking from bottles.. The Arabs and Indians seemed to have selected some female company for the night or were in the process of looking. The rest were just sightseeing.. Someof the bars I visited were rammed, standing room only and some were near deserted ( pretty normal for this time of year) Most of the 'farang' guys I saw were older expat/retiree types with a few of the younger cheap season newbie types mixed in.. All in all the demographics of WS have changed. right now there seems to be more obsevation than participation going on.. Guess high prices for booze, barfines and girls have fially come home to roost.. not to mention the economic woes and the high baht/flight costs.

the cowboy and his little girl are always there.

do the farang backpackers trying to get you to buy timeshare have work permits. i doubt it.

thursday night was dead on the street

friday night at heaven above was absolutely packed. with girls and customers. next time try there if everywhere else is dead.

As has already been said, working even if unpaid is illegal without a permit.

As to whether these girls have a WP or not ? Well if they do I doubt it is 100% kosher..

One possible scenario... the girls are owners of a business and were simply promoting it by handing out fliers.

Maybe the OP does not want to advertise on behalf of the business in question, but may I ask what the flyers were for?

I doubt the flyer was for a 20 Baht discount at Pizza Company, more likely promoting a Go-Go with Farang Dancers? In which case the girls are probably already in the pay of the well connected Thai that owns the business that takes care of the WP situation directly.

As for renaming the forum, may I suggest...

Pattaya: Business Tips, tricks, cons and Johns.

the cowboy and his little girl are always there.

do the farang backpackers trying to get you to buy timeshare have work permits. i doubt it.

thursday night was dead on the street

friday night at heaven above was absolutely packed. with girls and customers. next time try there if everywhere else is dead.

went a couple of nights ago around 9pm. sat on the couch and there was a farang either side of me. they both started smoking and with a low ceiling without proper ventilation [the ones in the ceiling didn't appear to work] i got up and sat across the bar in the stools. the girls were there and one was putting on her nail polish next to me. acetone smell was overpowering me so I left. a breath of fresh air outside the bar and i was on my way. not that i like smoking but at least most bars have high ceilings to keep it away, heavens ceiling are very low and it is packed with people

Second trip to Walking St this week. Been a few Months since I have been down there.. Parked the car down by Bali Hai and walked up to the Southern end of WS.. Suprised when a girl thrusts a leaflet into my hand.. Look up to find that she is a farang :o and dressed as a hostess/waitress of some sort.. There are two of them just in front of the entrance to WS.. I've seen Russian/Eastern Euro girls dancing next to Polo and at the other GoGo type place off of WS in the past.. But was very suprised to see two farang chicks working in full view and doing a job usually done by Thais... In fact they are only 50m from a table set up and occupied by the tourist police .. So how do they get away with this.?. What sort of work permit do these girls have ? I can't believe that Thais haven't complained.. Usually they are responsible for dobbing in illegal workers and they don't want any competition..

Walking St really has become a circus.. Guys dressed as cowboys being watched by dozens of gormless Russians and Indians.. all drinking cheap booze from 7/11 and worse some young girl around 5-6 years old performing balancing and gymnastic tricks for tourists.. Where are the authorities.. surely a girl of this age should be home in bed not performing in the street at 11pm...

Meanwhile the bars seem empty.. guess the Govt's idea of quality tourists didn't include people who spend money... Only people making money are 7/11 and the ice cream/gelato shops...

She is thai/farang I believe with thai id card so she is legally allowed to work. :D

Dunno Dave.. Maybe not the same girls.. These two were Russian or Eastern Euro dressed up in Coyote type clothes .. Think the flyer was for the nightclub behind the shopping center at Bali Hai.. If they had been a 'look Krueng' girls I would have noticed (I think) I've seen quite a few Thai/Farang teens working in Pattaya in promotion/media and advetising type jobs but never seen one handing out leaflets like a 'barker/sign girl' outside a GoGo..

As for Foxx's 'Heavens Above' :o Why would I go there ?.. <deleted> music (imho), Smokey, Overpriced and watery drinks and girls with attitudes almost as bad as the prima donnas in LD Showcase... Na.. Think I'll give it a miss.. Got plenty of better places to go... I looking for directions anyhow, been here far too long.. Was just commenting on WS in general not looking for a venue.. If I wanted a busy club I could have gone to Happy, What's Up, Peppermint or the newer Airport .. all rammed with punters on Friday..

Edited by Pdaz