Solomon Edge-modem

nam-thip

I’ve just acquired from a returning ex-pat a SOLOMON, SEGM-520 EDGE Modem who told me not to worry as it had plenty of internet user time.

That user time is about to expire and I haven’t a clue how I go about reloading it.

The sim card is with AIS mobilelife.

Can someone kindly help me out with information both on the modem and loading procure for AIS mobile life.

I have the SOLOMON modem, a mobile phone compact disc and an AIS mobile life sim card but no information with regard to loading internet user time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

I’ve just acquired from a returning ex-pat a SOLOMON, SEGM-520 EDGE Modem who told me not to worry as it had plenty of internet user time.

That user time is about to expire and I haven’t a clue how I go about reloading it.

The sim card is with AIS mobilelife.

Can someone kindly help me out with information both on the modem and loading procure for AIS mobile life.

I have the SOLOMON modem, a mobile phone compact disc and an AIS mobile life sim card but no information with regard to loading internet user time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

Take the SIM card out of the Solomon and put it in your phone. Top up the SIM card at 7-11 or nearly any other market. Dial *138 on the phone and choose whatever plan you want. You can buy from 3 hours to 250 hours. If I remember correctly, 250 hours will cost about 400 baht plus tax. You can also check if the Solomon SIM card for any cash balance left by dialing *121#. I think top up cards come in 100, 200 and 300 baht packages.

If there is still a package active you can check how many minutes are still available by dialing *139#.

A message window will pop up telling you how many minutes left, or alternative when no package is active it'll tell you so.

Take the SIM card out of the Solomon and put it in your phone. Top up the SIM card at 7-11 or nearly any other market. Dial *138 on the phone and choose whatever plan you want. You can buy from 3 hours to 250 hours. If I remember correctly, 250 hours will cost about 400 baht plus tax. You can also check if the Solomon SIM card for any cash balance left by dialing *121#. I think top up cards come in 100, 200 and 300 baht packages.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for info guys but do I buy your bog standard AIS top up cards as I buy for my mobile or is there a special top up card for AIS mobile-life.

How does AIS determine “top up” time for internet usage?

Is it identified by the number I dial which as Gary point’s out is *138

When I do dial *138 for top up is it spoken English or will I need the assistance of the misses?

It's nice to have these answers in advance then i can prepare.

I’m still managing to connect but it won’t last long as the system is warning me my time is running low.

Once again, thanks for your help it’s much appreciated.

It is the same top up card as the regular phone top up. When you dial *138 it is an automated service. You will need to press 1 for English. As monty said, you can check your EDGE balance by dialing *139. It too is automated and you will also press 1 for English.

The Internet connection time is sold by the hour for a set price. When your hours are up, if you have a money balance on the card, the system will use up that balance at 1 baht per minute.

If you are getting warnings, I'd guess that the GPRS package is finished and that you are using the phone money balance at 1 baht per minute.

Don't worry, it is a pretty good system and self explanatory. Just listen to the options and make your choices.

Thanks Gary,

I’ve just been through a mock “top up” following your *138 dial up and load procedure.

I got to step four but only got three top up options which was as follows:

Press 1 for 1 hour

Press two for 2 hours

Press three for 5 hours

Then a pause whilst I made a decision on which of the above I wanted to select but I wanted neither.

How do I get more hours when I was only given the above three choices?

It will come good on my part, I’m sure.

On dialing *139 I was told I had jack-shit time and money left so when it stops raining I’ll take myself to the 7/11 and buy some top up time.

Cheers for you help.

Thanks Gary,

I’ve just been through a mock “top up” following your *138 dial up and load procedure.

Press 1 for 1 hour

Press two for 2 hours

Press three for 5 hours

Then a pause whilst I made a decision on which of the above I wanted to select but I wanted neither.

On dialing *139 I was told I had jack-shit time and money left so when it stops raining I’ll take myself to the 7/11 and buy some top up time.

Cheers for you help.

There is another option, it's a press 1 for monthly. You can choose up to unlimited with that option.

Thanks Gary,

Press 1 for 1 hour

Press two for 2 hours

Press three for 5 hours

Cheers for you help.

The choices you got are for one time hour packages.

These packages can come in handy if for example you monthly package runs out of hours a few days before the end of the month...

You want a monthly package if you plan on using on daily basis. If the expat you bought the modem from had one of the monthly packages you will start getting messages from AIS a few days before the month ends. It will read something like this: Your mobileNET 100Hr 350b expires on 2008-11-02 and will be automatically be refilled. If you are getting this type message and want to keep number of hours mentioned all you need do is make sure SIM is topped up with that amount plus 7 percent extra to cover taxes. You do not need to call *138.

If on the other hand you wish to change the number of hours per month use *138 to cancel your current package then again to select a new package.

To everyone who responded with help and advice on how to top-up my SOLMON EDGE modem I want to say “Thank you”.

After following your step by step instructions I’ve now managed to load the 50hrs mobile life internet package and I’m now back on line.

Once again, thanks.