Boiling Water

binnsy

Normally the ants just crawl up into the spout. I put a little shot of water in my cup, swirl it around and dump it in the sink. The water that come out after the first little shot should not have any ants in it.

HELP Every time i go to the kettle one of those which you press thr top and the water flows I have a problem with ANTS coming out. :o Tips on how can i stop this please :D

do you think it's bad karma ingesting a few ants? :D

same problem here; just drink dont look; or dump out the water that was sitting in the kettle, then make fresh. never did know why ants go in to kettles.... sugar, yes, but boiled water, ??bina

israel

Ants are good for you . Australian aborigines eat them , they have wonderful white teeth , can run outrun kangaroos and wrestle crocodiles ( Mind you , they do smell a bit )

HELP Every time i go to the kettle one of those which you press thr top and the water flows I have a problem with ANTS coming out. :D

Tips on how can i stop this please :D

Throw it out like I did with mine years ago and buy a kettle.

Seconded! - and if it's tea you're making, the water's not hot enough anyway.

Oh, and try keeping the kitchen clean - that will help! :o

I have had the same thing happen at the office. I was cured when I made a cup of coffee while talking to someone and then started drinking it only to have one of those big ugly and offensive cockroaches end up in my mouth! It sure made me check my coffee carefully and it made me not mind ants nearly as much any more!

I have a wide shallow plastic bowl with a saucer turned upside down in it. The pot sits on top of the saucer and water is put in the bowl up to the top of the saucer making an island. The ants don't swim well. :o Works nicely.

I have a wide shallow plastic bowl with a saucer turned upside down in it. The pot sits on top of the saucer and water is put in the bowl up to the top of the saucer making an island. The ants don't swim well. :D Works nicely.

Make sure you are wearing rubber shoes and standing on a rubber mat before you switch on the kettle. :o

Ants are good for you . Australian aborigines eat them , they have wonderful white teeth , can run outrun kangaroos and wrestle crocodiles ( Mind you , they do smell a bit )

They are also a delicacy in some of the more progressive African countries, where they are roasted over a dung fire. Yummy. :o