Please Help - Looking For A Apartment With Good Internet (2mbit+)

geriol03

Hi, I am currently going from one hotel to another each night in search for a apartment/hotel for a month rental with:

• Internet 2Mbit or more
  • Around 15K TBH per month
  • Somewhat close to BTS or MRT

Feeling desperat since I am alone here in Bangkok and not got that much money to begin with. :o

Thank you for your time.

Luck is on my side for once when I was eating at the restaurant of the hotel Atrium Boutique (Excellent hotell!, but quite expansive: cheapest 1400TBH/Day).

Just minutes before going down to the restaurant I emailed another hotel about a room. So when I was finished eating the owner (!) of both the hotels came down to have a little chat with me and to book a room at the other apartment (Athenee Suite).

So I am very happy right now, since when I was first going to Athenee Suite today, I was told it was fully booked. :o

Luck is on my side for once when I was eating at the restaurant of the hotel Atrium Boutique (Excellent hotell!, but quite expansive: cheapest 1400TBH/Day).

Just minutes before going down to the restaurant I emailed another hotel about a room. So when I was finished eating the owner (!) of both the hotels came down to have a little chat with me and to book a room at the other apartment (Athenee Suite).

So I am very happy right now, since when I was first going to Athenee Suite today, I was told it was fully booked. :D

i had the option of staying at athenee if i wanted.

.... i turned it down to stay at my current apartment :o

but athenee is very nice.

4mb line .. shared with how many users? Youll get 340kpbs max and only 20% of the time at best if 55 rooms share one per floor.

My friend once was the only user of a 4mb line in an apartment and he still only got under 1mb and only at non peak nation times.

Please update us on how you find it, I remain optimisic that one day, somewhere in Bangkok, an apartment building has got a lucky line.

Edited by OxfordWill

My friend is staying at Athenee and he says it's working at full 4Mbit speed for him at least for downloads. But he also mentioned that it isn't very stable and tends to cut the line very often. 15,000 is actually exactly the price they're asking there, so perfect for OP. Really nice decor inside and good neighbours.

My friend is staying at Athenee and he says it's working at full 4Mbit speed for him at least for downloads. But he also mentioned that it isn't very stable and tends to cut the line very often. 15,000 is actually exactly the price they're asking there, so perfect for OP. Really nice decor inside and good neighbours.

I have been staying here for a couple of days now and got a very bad download rate (~20kB/s at best). Do you know what floor he is staying on, since I am at floor 7, maybe it's worse up here. Or maybe he is the one taking all the bandwith?... :o

I also checked it out but when I took my laptop around to test the connections I found it to be poorly setup and not stable. I also found about 65% of intranet traffic was pure malware. So, completely normal and standard for bangkok apartments, and shit. Plus the guy really didn't want me to get my laptop out and check it out, so I think he may have known it was shit already. "Wait until the room is free, the 'signal' in that particular room is very good". Right, sure it is mate.

Nevermind the people who provide it or at least the people who set it up also do Baan Sarachnuut, Luphini, a lot of on nut.. and they're all terrible. It's designed to let you play msn and read a couple of emails.

p.s. the password for the routers on each floor is /edited

Edited by OxfordWill

Thank you for your info. :D

So it is that shitty, seems like no Skype-work here then... :o

Made the mistake of signing a one month contract before trying out the Internet. Oh well, atleast I have learned something about this.

So any other suggestions of a proper serviced apt. with proper internet? I don't need 4MB permanently as I do not download lots of stuff, but I need a proper browsing speed.

Any help appreciated as I soon arrive in BKK and need an apartment urgently.

So any other suggestions of a proper serviced apt. with proper internet? I don't need 4MB permanently as I do not download lots of stuff, but I need a proper browsing speed.

I would have gone to the first hotel I was at, King Royal Garden Inn.

Stable Internet (atleast that night I spend there) around 1Mbit. 15 000BTH/month. Almost right at Surasak BTS. Decent rooms and facilities.

Stable Internet (atleast that night I spend there) around 1Mbit. 15 000BTH/month. Almost right at Surasak BTS. Decent rooms and facilities.

Thanks for this info. I checked the website and it looks ok, reasonable prices. Why did you not stay there from the beginning? As it is on Sathorn Rd, was it noisy there? I will check it out next week when I arrive.

Thanks for this info. I checked the website and it looks ok, reasonable prices. Why did you not stay there from the beginning? As it is on Sathorn Rd, was it noisy there? I will check it out next week when I arrive.

Foolisness. I thought this hotel that I am at now would have a better Internet.

The night I spend there it was very quiet the whole night, both from guests and traffic. Don't know if I was lucky or if it's always like that though.

Edited by geriol03

Yeah at my room in Athenee it is very unstable and slow. But tests show great speed... =/

I would say Athenee is very nice in standard with new 32" lcd-tv, refrigerator and AC. And nice overall design. But I haven't found any good restaurants in the nearby and it isn't close to the MRT at all. If you are interested in gym it has one of those "multi gym" or what it's called, a trackmill and a few more stuff (not my cup off tea really).

King Royal have less new electronics and ain't as fresh. But it's enough for me atleast. The nearby BTS-station, the Internet and the better onsite gym outweights the disadvantages imho.