Problem With Usb Hdd Maxtor Onetouch4 1tb

opalhort

Hi,

Got a Maxtor OneTouch4 external USB HDD a few months ago. The shop created 4 partitions as I requested them to do.

All worked well for 3-4 weeks and I backed up all our PCs data and images of system drives on it.

Now none of our PCs (regardless of into which PC this drive is plugged into!) can see any of the partitions. The drive does show up as an empty 1TB USB drive.

How can I get back access to the partitions?

Thanks for any help.

regards

opalhort

Hi,

Got a Maxtor OneTouch4 external USB HDD a few months ago. The shop created 4 partitions as I requested them to do.

All worked well for 3-4 weeks and I backed up all our PCs data and images of system drives on it.

Now none of our PCs (regardless of into which PC this drive is plugged into!) can see any of the partitions. The drive does show up as an empty 1TB USB drive.

How can I get back access to the partitions?

Thanks for any help.

regards

opalhort

If you've problems with access from all PC's, try to use an different USB cable and as short as possible! If that didn't work, check the Power Supply.

Maybe you contact your supplier for to test he can access the HDD.

Cheers.

If you've problems with access from all PC's, try to use an different USB cable and as short as possible! If that didn't work, check the Power Supply.

Maybe you contact your supplier for to test he can access the HDD.

Cheers.

Hi Reimar,

USB cable and Power supply are OK (tested in many ways). The HDD drive can be accessed but it shows up as non-partitioned and of course not showing any files/folders.

The only problem is that the partitions have dissappeared.

opalhort