Wing 41 Sticker Applications

Maejo Man

Another thing to consider, for those who choose to skirt the rules, is that transiting Wing 41 is a privilege, not a right.

If enough farang get caught skirting the rules, at some point the base commander might just say: "no more farang passes".

Why take a chance? When I was in applying in Nov, I saw everyone from hi-so in S600 Mercedes to tuk-tuk drivers in line.

Why should it be any different for us?

Don't screw it up for all the rest of us who follow the rules.

Very true McG. Unforunately, it's usually the farang who follow the rules and the Thais who get away with breaking them. The majority of my Thai friends who have a Wing 41 sticker in their cars photocopied a friend's. Having said that, a farang friend of mine claims to drive through Wing 41 on a regular basis with no sticker at all...

Same in my experience, too.

Another thing to consider, for those who choose to skirt the rules, is that transiting Wing 41 is a privilege, not a right.

If enough farang get caught skirting the rules, at some point the base commander might just say: "no more farang passes".

Why take a chance? When I was in applying in Nov, I saw everyone from hi-so in S600 Mercedes to tuk-tuk drivers in line.

Why should it be any different for us?

Don't screw it up for all the rest of us who follow the rules.

Amen. Additionally, it's still a MILITARY BASE. No matter how easy going this place is, you want to play this one by the rules. The guards are not on the same level as the attendant at the Tesco parking lot or your gated village.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai