Looking For Answers......

mizzi39

I am in the process of obtaining my Thai license (if I can ever pass the dam_n test). I took it today and failed by 1 point (30 random questions and need 23 correct to pass). I will be taking it again on Monday. The traffic signs are straight forward but the situational questions are a bit confusing. Thankfully the people at the transportation office have been very kind, but they do not have an English manual. I have checked out the highway code on "Yorke's" site which has been very helpful.

One question that kept popping up (3 times during the test) was

"Which vehicle is prohibited on a motorway?"

1) a military tank

2) a car without functioning headlights

3) A race car authorized by the transportation authority

4) (I forget)

Of course I picked number 2, but can anyone tell me if a military tank can use the motorway?

Can a vehicle park underneath a pedestrian bridge? I see this all the time, but is it legal?

What is the maximum height if you are carrying a load say in your pick up truck? 3 meters?

What is the maximum length that a load can extend beyond your pick up bed? 2.5 meters?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I hope to be done with this on Monday. :o

been there, done that. On 4 attempts, i passed. i remember those questions.

If you fail this time, try to see the correct answer on the computer. once you are done and FAILED, there is an option to check the correct answer. I think you missed it.

Thanks sunny. If I fail again on Monday, I will look for that option.

When I took my driving test, I pretended that I could not read or write Thai so they allowed my GF to sit with me for the paper based test. She would read the questions and the multiple choice answers and I would give her my answer. We got lots of funny looks from fellow test takers. I passed with a score of 28; my GF got 26.

The thing to remember is not to use what you see Thai people doing everyday as LEGAL. You need to answer according to the LAW (or the 2 hour video you are suppose to watch.)

Good luck on your next test.

been there, done that. On 4 attempts, i passed. i remember those questions.

If you fail this time, try to see the correct answer on the computer. once you are done and FAILED, there is an option to check the correct answer. I think you missed it.

Thanks sunny. If I fail again on Monday, I will look for that option.

mizzi39: Of course I picked number 2, but can anyone tell me if a military tank can use the motorway?

dam_n right it can! You try telling a tank commander what to do and see how long you last!

mizzi39: Of course I picked number 2, but can anyone tell me if a military tank can use the motorway?

dam_n right it can! You try telling a tank commander what to do and see how long you last!

I'm still not clear if a military tank is authorized to be on the road in time of peace and civil rest. I'm assuming that they cannot be taken out for a leisurely Sunday drive, but mai bpen rai. I passed the test today and received my drivers license. Thanks y'all! :o