Discrimination Being Married To A Thai Man

janetplanet

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be just got a lazy one then, because AFAIK, its required. Lucky you. Getting my husband to deal with the govt bureaucracy is like pulling teeth.

You should be aware tho, that if you ever want to apply for citizenship, income tax payment on a certain amt of income (sorry can't remember the amt) is required.

• 2 weeks later...
Must be just got a lazy one then, because AFAIK, its required. Lucky you. Getting my husband to deal with the govt bureaucracy is like pulling teeth.

You should be aware tho, that if you ever want to apply for citizenship, income tax payment on a certain amt of income (sorry can't remember the amt) is required.

I'm also curious about the tax payment requirements, as my husband (Thai) and I (farang) have never had to present any tax documents when applying for visa extensions. We've done our extensions in BKK, Chiang Mai, & Ayuttaya. Although for my situation, I am guessing this is because he works for the government so they would know he's paying his taxes. Or something to that effect maybe?

Get used to it....trains, buses, restaurants, government parks & attractions....just about everything..... speak the language, read the language, makes no difference ....still gonna have to pay more when she is with you....

Malaysia,offering 10 year visa to ferangs, bring your car in tax free, buy property and land, ive bought myself three bedrooms, with a nice garden for £45,000 in penang, title deed in my name, never happen in thailand.

Thais dont know what fair play is---- forget about trying to shame them, the words not in their dictionary.

Glad to see the uk booted thaksin out, i hear he was one of the architect of the thai visa system ( what goes around )

Im outa here.

Just because one country offers something special, it does not mean that other countries have to follow. Most women are welcome to Thailand without a visa, however Thai's (especially women) are subject to multiple screening to travel in the other directions.

The worst is, most foreign consulant assume that Thai women sell their sex for money unless proven otherwise. Are these people abused at childhood or do they not understand that the greatest is love.

Oh how I wish I were , too ..

Well maybe it has to do with how the immigration system is geared toward marrying Thai women off to foreigners. And the foreign Business act, too. HOw many foreigners have businesses that are in their own names and not their spouse ?

And then there's the fact that CENSORED is widespread, on every single street corner though illegal ! It is an integral part of a systemically corrupted system.

I have friends with security clearances in the US government and military. They won't come near Thailand as they are immediately under suspicion of engaging in illegal activity - which makes them susceptible ..

Thailand is known throughout the world as a sex- for cheap- destination. It IS THE REASON most men come here!!

While that may be an interesting point its got sod all to do with this topic or the discussion under hand. Why every single thread has to end up discussing men and their issues with Thai women, I have no idea.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, you get the one year extension just when your visa is about to expire. Then, you will only need to make 90 day reports to your nearest Immigration (reporting your address) and will no longer have to leave the country. You will have to renew your visa every year, submitting the same documentation over and over and over again tho :o

Make sure your daughter enters Thailand on her Thai passport tho, will save you any hassle further on down the road (ie exit Canada with Canadian passport, enter Thailand with Thai passport).

So even with the O visa and the work permit go and get an extension after 3 months? Thanks for your patience. I have mommy brain and a mute husband. Maybe my situation with the border trying to get money off me because of our daughter was just a miscommunication:) Did I mention my husband is a mute? A mute by choice. The other comment about luk krueng kids getting so much attention is interesting... . I definately don't want her to grow up thinking she is something better than other kids. Her uncle already told me that she isn't very beautiful because her skin is yellow and not white so we are on the road to modesty already....

your husband is a mute by choice? may i ask umm why?