Bangkok Hotel Suggestions, Please

rexall

Sun 9 Nov 08, 11:19 am

Hi all,

Although I have lived in Thailand for many years, I have only been to Bangers a handful of times, most of those arriving/departing at airport. So, I am really at a loss in planning a trip the end of this month.

Hotel recommendations, please : smallish, nice, in the 1,000-2,000 THB range. Obviously, closer to 1,000 would be preferable.

Anyone familial with the Grand President Serviced Apartments? not far from the World Trade Center (wherever the hel_l that is).

Preferences, in this order:

1. Fast, robust, reliable WiFi in the sleeping rooms is a non-negotiable MUST as I have to work while I am there. Good desk or work area in the room would be a plus.

2. Fitness room w/stationery bike would be great, but not necessary

3. I have four places to be. Again, not knowing Bangkok, I have don't have much of a sense of how close they are to one another, but accommodations relatively convenient to all or most of them would be ideal:

1. Rutnin Eye Hospital

80/1 Sukhumvit 21 Road (Soi Asoke)

2. Iyengar Yoga Studio Bangkok

Fiftyfith Plaza, Sukhumvit 55

3. U.S. Embassy

4. Thailand Immigration

Thanks very much for any suggestions. MUCH APPRECIATED!

Aloha,

Rex

Well, to be honest I don't think you will find anything too special for under 2,000 bt in central Bangkok. One place I have used a few times is The Woraburi Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 4. I know that they definately have wireless although I cannot confirm how good it is. They have a nice pool, and a half decent buffet breakfast is included in the room price. It's a short taxi ride to the places you need to be near (pending BKK traffic of course).

Maybe check it out here

http://www.woraburi.com/woraburisukhumvit/index.html

I took a look at the Grand President website, it looks very nice, but it's not in the price backet you mentioned in the opening post. However, If you can stretch your budget a little then I think it would be well worth it to stay there. It's location is also good for the places you need to go to.

http://www.grandpresident.com/z983/photo.html

Edited by thecatman

You should try one of the Dynasy hotels on Sukhumvit soi 4 and 6.

http://www.dynastyinn.com/

The newest of them is The Dawin on soi 4, just recently opened. Had at least a couple of weeks ago discounted opening rates. 1900, standard and 2200 superior. Very nice rooms with good wifi, safe and workdesk.

If you want it cheaper you can try the Dynasty Inn also on soi 4. This hotel is older but newly renovated. Also wifi, safe and a decent workdesk, but no pool on this one. Prices is 1400 standard and 1800 superior.