Looking For Web Developers.

NorThai

Someone who can recomend some good web developers/designers in thailand with thai prices? I alredy talk to some company, but the price here is (farang price). So I would see if you gays colud help me to reduse the price for making a good website.

I would like to start a website for sale of xxxx, what I want is, that people can upload images to the website. Must have online payment (Visa, Mastercard etc.). I`m sorry for my bad english writing.

WEB Design and development are areas where Thailand is not a bargain market. Having talked to several people in the same situation as you are in, they all outsourced their work to India, with good results as a minimum cost. Each found their Developers on the Internet. I will try to post the site thay used to find developers and post it here also.

Someone who can recomend some good web developers/designers in thailand with thai prices? I alredy talk to some company, but the price here is (farang price). So I would see if you gays colud help me to reduse the price for making a good website.

I would like to start a website for sale of xxxx, what I want is, that people can upload images to the website. Must have online payment (Visa, Mastercard etc.). I`m sorry for my bad english writing.

Try Scriptlance, Getacoder, Elance, Rentacoder .. and, if you don't understand web architecture, be very careful.

• 1 year later...

One of the best Thai websdesigners .. Saran. of www(dot) bybrain.com email info at bybrain.com

He works together with a programmer and can make shopping cart systems with payment options. He will also finish to deadline and harrass YOU if you dont give him the content in time so he can finsih!!!

Two posts with blatant self-advertising deleted. Sorry, but this is reserved for our sponsors only. Contact sales [at] thaivisa.com for more info. Further violations will be flagged as spammers and get the boot. I wear steel caps B)

Still. we are open for recommendations. Shall this be coincidentally your own biz, see above.

I hope I was clear.

Just curious, what is the normal rate in thailand for a site developed, say in Joomla? (CSS/template customization, some script customization etc) 50,000 baht and above?

Same answer, how long is a string? no two websites are the same, a normal site as above would be cheaper then what you state, I assume for that money a basic e-commerce system can be included as well.

Just curious, what is the normal rate in thailand for a site developed, say in Joomla? (CSS/template customization, some script customization etc) 50,000 baht and above?

My company does Joomla sites from XXX THB, but thats for bespoke design, joomla template integration, and navigation/modules/content setup not including customization of the core code. Custom modules etc we'd have to have a brief of requirements and quote on it.

Reminder from your friendly moderator: This post is borderlining spam but I let it slip. the price I have edited out as this you can discuss with your customer face to face. B)

Edited by raro
please do not negotiate prices in a public forum

My company does Joomla sites from XXX THB, but thats for bespoke design, joomla template integration, and navigation/modules/content setup not including customization of the core code. Custom modules etc we'd have to have a brief of requirements and quote on it.

Reminder from your friendly moderator: This post is borderlining spam but I let it slip. the price I have edited out as this you can discuss with your customer face to face. B)

I was giving an example of costs, if I was after more business I would be advertising on ThaiVisa or I could post comments that a friend of mine works for a company that designed thiswebsite.com - go to thiswebsite.com and their will be a link to the company that designed the site, this is acceptable acceptable? ;)

If you are still interested. I know a web company near Khaosan road. They made sites like this i-wholesaleclothing.com, I can refer you, my friend works there...

I was giving an example of costs, if I was after more business I would be advertising on ThaiVisa or I could post comments that a friend of mine works for a company that designed thiswebsite.com - go to thiswebsite.com and their will be a link to the company that designed the site, this is acceptable acceptable? ;)

If you are still interested. I know a web company near Khaosan road. They made sites like this i-wholesaleclothing.com, I can refer you, my friend works there...

As I said,,,,there is a fine line between recommending a business and self-promotion. Before I was a sponsor myself I said things like..."I can advise you to do things like this and that and I do know about it because I am in this industry". Would recommend this to other non-sponsors too. B)

//edit: And do NOT overdo it! it is a FINE line!

Edited by raro

Be careful.

If you want cheap you'll get naff. The problems with getacoder, rentafreelancer and elance, is that everybody is doing web dev/design as a second job, dont be surprised if your vendor is a 15 year old kid that works on it when he finishes school, or a retired electrician, an airline pilot looking for a hobby etc... I always say no website is a better than a shit one, someone who does a 1 click Joomla install and throws a naff theme on a few shitty unrelated widgets is not a web designer. Ask yourself why you need a website, what you'll gain (or what to) and be realistic about a budget. If you can't recognize quality, or dont understand why its important, seek some advice - go for consultation.

For a bargain, I would start at designoutpost.com - get a proper unique design including splicing for say $700 and another few hundred for decent CMS integration, one years hosting and setting up internal pages. Cant be better bargain $1000 for a something slick (awaits flames from one click cpanel junkies). Ecommerce intergration / basic image uploading etc.. add another few hundred dollars - basic Paypal. If any custom programming is involved it is VERY important that they know what they're doing - ask them to explain cross site scripting, sql injection, etc.. etc.. 93.2% of proclaimed PHP devs simply cant code and you'll be left with an insecure site waiting to be hacked - the embarrassment and loss of reputation will be exponentially more damaging the $10/hr bill you paid.

As for thai/farang price - you can solicit a web designer from anywhere in the world - the price reflects an expectation of quality/professionalism.

Sorry for the negativity - but its getting to the point now that even the bargirls are offering web design - and unsuspecting leads are jumping in a hot frying pan attracted by the next to nothing prices - this wouldnt happen in any other industry.

Edited by mattcodes

You could always learn to make a word press site yourself, It would cover all the aspects that you need and its going to be a little cheaper than getting a programmer to do it for you.

Look to the forum home page for a ad to click on or go to www.webcoursesbangkok.com

Easy!

• 1 year later...

WEB Design and development are areas where Thailand is not a bargain market. Having talked to several people in the same situation as you are in, they all outsourced their work to India, with good results as a minimum cost. Each found their Developers on the Internet. I will try to post the site thay used to find developers and post it here also.

India and the Philippines seem to be the best places to try these days. I have used contractors that I found on forums such as Digital Point, and the Warrior Forum, but the results there were not great. Then there is eLance. Found some great people there. And also a Philippines based company called Virtual Done Well.

• 1 month later...

India and the Philippines seem to be the best places to try these days. I have used contractors that I found on forums such as Digital Point, and the Warrior Forum, but the results there were not great. Then there is eLance. Found some great people there. And also a Philippines based company called Virtual Done Well.

Agree.

Mabuhay ang Pilipinas! clap2.gif