Transferring Funds From Thailand To Uk

Hi,

I transferred about 3000 pounds from uk bank account to my thai bank account, via swift, about a month ago. I now am looking to transfer it back. I read on this forum that it is better to t/f it in pound rather than baht, from uk, so this is what i did. I'm just wandering how should i transfer it back again? Is it better to change it to pounds first here, or leave it in baht (do the thai banks eb=ven give you the option??!!). I figure I should use SWIFT agian, is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Hi,

I transferred about 3000 pounds from uk bank account to my thai bank account, via swift, about a month ago. I now am looking to transfer it back. I read on this forum that it is better to t/f it in pound rather than baht, from uk, so this is what i did. I'm just wandering how should i transfer it back again? Is it better to change it to pounds first here, or leave it in baht (do the thai banks eb=ven give you the option??!!). I figure I should use SWIFT agian, is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

As a broad rule of thumb, where ever possible, try to do your currency conversion in Asia because the bank currency margins tend to be much smaller than in say the UK. Having said that, the Thai banks will almost certainly not let you transfer Baht overseas since their currency is subject to export controls - the bank will therefore convert to Pounds and then transfer. Swift is generally the best method.