Fine Swimming Pool, Soi Yume

gk10002000

Just stumbled upon a nice little outdoor swimming pool. 50 baht per day. nice little bar area, typical Thai food kitchen. Monday nights free barbecue if you have a 150 baht bar bill. recliners have decent cushion. Pool gets lots of sun but they have some decent standup umbrellas.

For those of you that live up Central Pattaya Road and only have an apartment, this might work for you. It is working out pretty good for me.

Go down Soi Yume behind carre four. Turn left on Soi 8. Just past Nanatan Garden condo/hotel.

Just stumbled upon a nice little outdoor swimming pool. 50 baht per day. nice little bar area, typical Thai food kitchen. Monday nights free barbecue if you have a 150 baht bar bill. recliners have decent cushion. Pool gets lots of sun but they have some decent standup umbrellas.

For those of you that live up Central Pattaya Road and only have an apartment, this might work for you. It is working out pretty good for me.

Go down Soi Yume behind carre four. Turn left on Soi 8. Just past Nanatan Garden condo/hotel.

Hello again gk10002000 on the subject of swimming pools.

I live near Carrefour.

So this pool you're talking about is at some place called Casablanca? How far down Soi Yume from Carrefour is Soi 8/Nanatan Garden condo?

Cheers.

The pool has a small diving board. The deep end is about 8 feet I would say. I am a bit past my swim and diving team in years, but I did sink down to the bottom. Well over my head. The shallow end is up to my chest so a bit over 4 feet. It also has a little kiddie pool off to the side that is connected to the main pool. The pool is probably a bit longer than the pool that the Flipper Lodge has.

Not a giant pool but pleasant. No hotel here. Just a fenced in pool, restaurant, bar area. Decent lounge chairs with cushions and two thatched roof cabanans to sit under and eat if you want. Umbrellas work well too.

They have a universal weight machine and a few free weights laying around off to the side also. They have men and lady rest rooms. They have an outdoor shower I hit before and after jumping in the pool.

Soi 8 is about a five minute walk from carre four. Soi 8 is just past that outdoor market/bazarre vendor area. There is a Family Mart on the corner of soi 8 and Soi Yume. Nantana Garden is four story Pink condo/hotel. About 25 yards after it, you will see a little side street and a sign that says "casablanca". Again, about 20 yards down that road off of soi 8.

I have napped pretty well there the last few days in the afternoon. The street is not busy but you do get the sounds of life, somebody washing their car, some kids playing now and then. I don't mind the background noise at all. Today some kids were out of school and flying kites. A few firecrackers in advance of Loi Krathong. Most days pretty quiet.

I did not go to the Monday night barbecue but kind of wish I had given it a try. The kitchen was gearing up when I left the pool at about 5:30 PM and smelled pretty good. I don't know what they served at the barbecue.

Usually three or four ladies there running the place. Not exactly sure which ones work there and which ones are cousins, sisters, friends , etc. that are just passing the time. You know how it is.