Auto Insurance In Thailand Has Deductibles?

6stitches

I was told that 1st class auto insurance in thailand has no deductable like in the USA or I am sure many western countries... having no experience with insurance in thailand, is this true? this means I can wreck my car on a daily bases (probably not hard to do in bkk) without a deductable penalty? Anyone with expirience please share.

thanks

I was told that 1st class auto insurance in thailand has no deductable like in the USA or I am sure many western countries... having no experience with insurance in thailand, is this true? this means I can wreck my car on a daily bases (probably not hard to do in bkk) without a deductable penalty? Anyone with expirience please share.

thanks

there are deductables,i had an accident and lost my no claims bonus. however i changed my insurer and got a better quote ,just off to pay the premium.

thanks

I have a 3000B deductible with Viriyah. It reduced my annual premium by almost 5000B.. You have to specifically ask about it before paying for your insurance.

I have a 3000B deductible with Viriyah. It reduced my annual premium by almost 5000B.. You have to specifically ask about it before paying for your insurance.

That sounds almost too good to be true! My premium is due in 3 weeks and I've just rung my agent to ask her to find out about "deductibles". She knows what they are and that they reduce your premium, so she'll let me know tomorrow what options are available for me.

thanks

there are deductables,i had an accident and lost my no claims bonus. however i changed my insurer and got a better quote ,just off to pay the premium.

i asked for a 3000 baht excess,called a deductable here and got it ,but to be honest the girl had never heard of it and ho were not much better,one girl said that i would have to give 3000 baht to the insurance inspector when he turned up.

eventually spoke to a guy who knew what i was talking about.he said Thais dont know about deductables ,only farangs as they have it at home ,they dont tell the thai customers about it.

one thing he was not sure about was wether you had to pay the first 3k of your damage or the guy you hit?

thanks

i asked for a 3000 baht excess,called a deductable here and got it ,but to be honest the girl had never heard of it and ho were not much better,one girl said that i would have to give 3000 baht to the insurance inspector when he turned up.

eventually spoke to a guy who knew what i was talking about.he said Thais dont know about deductables ,only farangs as they have it at home ,they dont tell the thai customers about it.

one thing he was not sure about was wether you had to pay the first 3k of your damage or the guy you hit?

May we suggest using Thai Visa Insurance – a Licensed Insurance Broker who can help (and offer) ways to help keep your premiums down ?

thanks

May we suggest using Thai Visa Insurance – a Licensed Insurance Broker who can help (and offer) ways to help keep your premiums down ?

i believe thaivisa insurance use AXA the only company who never paid out on an insurance claim i made ,it took eight letters and the threat of legal action to get them to pay up .

i hasten to add this was NOT through thai visa ,but in the uk.

ended up using Virayah

Edited by thaimate

thanks

i believe thaivisa insurance use AXA the only company who never paid out on an insurance claim i made ,it took eight letters and the threat of legal action to get them to pay up .

i hasten to add this was NOT through thai visa ,but in the uk.

ended up using Virayah

Correct, AXA is one of the top approved Insurance companies in Thailand.

Obviously we do not know the circumstances but suffice to say AXA is a very good company and we do not have problems – they are better than most !

May I suggest the problem may lay at your Broker not looking after you properly?