Pm Warns Bangkok Public Of Bomb Threats

george

Here we go:

13 injured in explosion at protest site by Klong Toey vendors

An explosion occurred at a Bangkok intersection where vendors of the Klong Toey Market were rallying, injuring 13 of them, two severely.

Police quoted witness as saying a bag was dropped from the flyover of the Ratchada-Rama IV Intersection, causing the explosion at 1 am Friday.

Bomb disposal officers have yet to determine the type of the bomb.

Some 1,000 vendors have been staging a protest at the intersection since Tuesday afternoon against the Port Authority of Thailand and Legal Co. The vendors protested against what they claimed to be unfair treatment against vendors at the Klong Toey market.

The Nation

Source

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have speak with some people in Pattaya whos have explain that they became 300 bhat per person to assist in PAD demonstracions.

Hose make many noise became 500-600 bhat.Hose have a Van became 2000 bhat per day.Who can stay in Gouvermetn house for more then 3 monts without salary?

We foreigner dont now to much about Thai history.But we now what is Democratics rule. It mean 50%+1 vote you have reight to compose government.Rabbele from the stret and barricade can not in Democrat Country desolate legal vote Gouverment.This is the way how Nacis came on power. PAD are NAZIS group.They are using like Nazis propaganda with many lie.But 100 time spoken lie became to be truth.In Democrat Country ho make barrikade on the street, and occupy Goverment house will be whip of with Police and if necessary with army.And became baton on the back,and put in jail.In eeach democratic country

PAD are NAZIS

I think anyone with half a brain can understand what this poster is trying to say, in what is obviously not their first language!

Indeed ... and we don't always see too much coherency from the native speakers !

he is not pm,please give his full introduction,..........say BROTHER IN LAW OF TOXIN

His name is Thaksin, not Toxin . If you cant respect him , that is fine with me , but no need to resort to childish name calling . Most people grew out of that at elementary school .

I prefer to not recommend spell checkers. It's easier to track the trolls and their multiple-ID'er reincarnations. :o

back on topic...

In light of the bombing last night, I see the Prime Minister was spot on with his bombing warning for last night.

And/or a certain party saw that as a perfect opportunity to hammer his problem of tenent protests.

Can cast blame PAD or DAAD, anyone but the landlord / leaseholder wanting to evict the poor subsistence tenants.

Speeling* checkers will do nothing to improve bad grammar... in a troll's *speel.

Why specifically the 16th?

because this weekend is the princess's funeral so out of respect there is not likely to be trouble til after it.

sigh... things like this follow me. first NY, now here...

he is not pm,please give his full introduction,..........say BROTHER IN LAW OF TOXIN

His name is Thaksin, not Toxin . If you cant respect him , that is fine with me , but no need to resort to childish name calling . Most people grew out of that at elementary school .

:o

don’t be a square mc nugget .

Why specifically the 16th?

because this weekend is the princess's funeral so out of respect there is not likely to be trouble til after it.

sigh... things like this follow me. first NY, now here...

Girlx I hear you:

I was 1 block from WTC bombing one, at the dentists, I saw the flash and felt it.

Walking up Broadway in the slush watching emergency vehicles going postal.

I was on jury duty in a NYC court room down the block from Abdel Rahman's trial for that 1st bombing

when Omaha got bombed, of course people thinking it was connected,

we got dragged around as a jury to keep us safe. 15 floor forced march to basement etc.

Moved to Paris, and the 1st of the Paris '95 terrorist, 'poublele bombings' happened

at the news stand I have just bought the IHT at -20 minutes earlier on the way to french class.

Weeks later, rode into Paris from country side on same line, one train earlier,

that morning when next train was blow apart . Almost missed that early train too.

Rode to the south on the last train BEFORE they blew up the TGV tracks near Aix.

Again 15-25 minutes or so.

Was sitting in dentists on S. France when WTC was trashed definitively.

Thought about taking out all my teeth and never visiting dentist again. Didn't...

Made me wonder about going to Bangkok this past weekend.

Nothing happened. Next weekend I am not so sure.

I WON'T be ti Grunthep, for sure.

Edited by animatic

Democratics ruzle is :50%+1 vote. But you dont want accept this basis of democray.

You are confused and wrong.

50+% isn't 'democracy' it's 'majority'. Not related. Several governments in my home country governed from the position of a minority government, aka they had less than 50% of the seats in the parliament.

Democracy is the people controlling the government and having adequate representation from all parts of society. Including having a government that knows the govern not only for their voters but for all citizens.

As Thaksin and TRT with their sharply aimed support of the North (and complete alienation of the South) showed; they only pandered to their voters to make sure they stayed in power, never a thought was to actually improve anything on a national scale.

That isn't proper 'democracy', that is 'dictatorship of the majority'. If one party goes to election that everyone in minority group B should lose their right to well-fair, cannot drink from the same water fountains and whatnot, is it still majority when the larger group A happily votes this party in and they enforce it? This is the kind of rule you are promoting.

Thai PM warns public of bomb threats

BANGKOK: -- Thailand's Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat on Tuesday warned the public in the capital to avoid crowds and public areas such as parks after the weekend according to advice from the metropolitan police that violence and explosions could occur in a number of locations.

The police, he said, had warned that bombings could erupt in many places throughout Bangkok after November 16 and the government has been watching after several groups had come out on streets and created chaos recently.

Police arrested several people possessing explosives in the past four days, Mr. Somchai said, adding that the public should avoid travelling in areas where troubles could occur.

The government is concerned because the royal cremation ceremonies of the late Princess Galyani Vadhana, elder sister of King Bhumibol Adulyadej, will still be underway on November 16, he said.

Responding to the reports of the parliamentary investigation into the October 7 violence at Parliament, Mr. Somchai said he still did not know the details.

Mr. Somchai said he did not even know who were the probers but the investigation could only be genuine if it can be proven scientifically.

-- TNA 2008-11-11

Somchai is kind enough to warn you about "avoid crowds and public areas" such as Klongtoey market. I am sorry if you don't follow the PM advise.

Thai PM warns public of bomb threats

BANGKOK: -- Thailand's Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat on Tuesday warned the public in the capital to avoid crowds and public areas such as parks after the weekend according to advice from the metropolitan police that violence and explosions could occur in a number of locations.

The police, he said, had warned that bombings could erupt in many places throughout Bangkok after November 16

** Caution : U-Turn ahead **

u_turn.png

Somchai expects no violence next week

Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat Friday said he does not think political violence would happen after all rites related to the royal cremation of HRH Princess Galyani Vadhan are done on Sunday.

"I don't think so," Somchai said when reporters asked him to comment on speculation that political opponents would wait until after the rites before they would clash.

"If all the people help ensure that no violence take place, there will be no violence," Somchai said.

He said the violence would do no good to anyone but it would hurt the country in general because foreign investors would lack confidence in the country and would not invest in the country.

- The Nation / 2008-11-14

Edited by sriracha john