Best Place In Bkk For Western Music Cd's

johnfb

Ever since Tower Records/CD Warehouse closed there is nowhere I know of in Thailand never mind Bangkok.

If you want original cds, there is a store on the second floor of the panthip plasa, right hand side right beside the sports shop, just by the exit to the walkway across the road, they sell a lot of japanese imports with prices to match.

If you want second hand cds, try coco walk, beside ratchatewi skytrain station.

If you want genuine copies, panthip plaza is probably your best bet, normally 100 baht each, they also sell mp3 compilations, the problem with them is the format/encoding sometimes makes them impossible to play, you have to open these files with a programme like soundforge or cool edit pro and resave in the format you want, not worth the time and effort.

I share your frustration, the record companies tell us no one is buying cds, trouble is they arent releasing what i want to buy, and believe me there is a market for it,but they would rather have us endure another repackaged release of kylies greatest hits.

If you send me a pm i can give you details of blogs/sites where the sort of music you seek is readily available, these are not pirate sites, many of these bands share the same frustration with the record industry as you and i, and have basically tossed 2 fingers in the direction of these money grabbing conglomorates and are now putting their music up for free download.

Central, Lotus, Carefour and others. MBK 4. Floor.

Klongthom Market in China Town.

There many places in BKK for find so and soooo!

Cheers.