Can anyone please advice whether my girlfriend could be refused a vv on the grounds that she has a 10 year old daughter who would stay with the grandparents while she was with me in the UK?

When she applied mid October that was one of the reasons why the vv was refused.

I’m going out to bkk for xmas and we intend to re-apply and I’m concerned they will use this excuse again.

Thanks

Phil

Hi Phil,

There is nothing preventing your g/f from reapplying for a visa but if her circumstances have not materially changed since the last one was refused then they will just rely on the first refusal to decline any subsequent application. The one factor in your favour is that by the time she reapplies she will have known you that bit longer and you will have been back to Thailand to visit her.

The visa officer won't have refused her a visa because she has a child per se but will have used this as a means of supporting his contention that your g/f doesn't intend to return to Thailand at the end of her holiday. Your g/f can't now conceal the existence of her child as the embassy is aware of it through the previous application. It is probably best if you write a covering letter which puts a positive gloss on the application. It's not guaranteed to work but it's better than nothing.

Scouse.