Apply For A Uk Visa On Line

Hi all,

I was just checking the VFS web page in Bangkok to see if there are any changes to the application forms etc from last year and i noticed that there is now an option to apply for a UK visa on line. Has anyone done this and if so what are the pros and cons? Is it just as easy to apply in person in the usual way?

Any comments will be appreciated.

Cheers, Rick

I did this with my Mrs In July, it does make it easier if you manage to fill all the details on the online form, fill in the forms online and print them off, you then make your appointment online to go to the VFS in Bangkok...We didn't know her fathers date of birth so we enterd that days date as the site wouldnt let you go to the next page leaving it blank, because of this they made us fill in all the forms again by hand and leave it blank..so for us

The system seems to work well and even with the little hicup we were out of there within 45 mins, good going for Thailand I thought, the visa was ready to collect in 3 days.

I did this with my Mrs In July, it does make it easier if you manage to fill all the details on the online form, fill in the forms online and print them off, you then make your appointment online to go to the VFS in Bangkok...We didn't know her fathers date of birth so we enterd that days date as the site wouldnt let you go to the next page leaving it blank, because of this they made us fill in all the forms again by hand and leave it blank..so for us

The system seems to work well and even with the little hicup we were out of there within 45 mins, good going for Thailand I thought, the visa was ready to collect in 3 days.

Thanks for the reply Andy. I will give it a go.

Cheers, Rick

• 4 weeks later...
We didn't know her fathers date of birth so we enterd that days date as the site wouldnt let you go to the next page leaving it blank, because of this they made us fill in all the forms again by hand and leave it blank..

Sorry to revive a month old thread, we were in the same situation last week using the now compulsary online appliaction form. No existing record of father's DOB, so to get past that point used mother's DOB and explained why in free text field relating to father's location of birth.

During the VFS document review in person this was explained by my wife, they seemed to accept it. No request to fill out a paper version of the VAF1(a).

Likewise with the section about employer's details, the online application form will not accept that some people do not have email addresses.

Not very impressed with the online process, there is at least one [rant] significant spelling error that changing the meaning of the question and not providing upfront a list of ALL the information that is required is most fustrating. [/rant]

I have used uk online visa applications many times before, from another country. Each time I have filled them differently, with the details I don't know - the program doesn't cross check with your previous applications and looks like consulate doesn't have time to go back to the previous papers.

on one occasion I have filled an application with not all correct info, printed it out, made hand written adnotations and handed it out together with all other paperwork. There was an interview, but they did not bother to ask about those insignificant details.

we were in the same situation last week using the now compulsary online appliaction form
Sorry, it's not compulsory, you can still submit a paper application; unless you are applying as a group of 5 or more, a student or a student dependant.