Staying A Little Over 30 Days On A Tourist Visa

I want to go to Pattaya for just over one month. I know I can get a visa for for 30 days, but what happens if I want to stay 35 days? Where in Pattaya can I go to get my visa extended?

Will I be questioned upon entry to the country about my return date on my airplane ticket falling outside the 30 day limit?

Hi.

I'm planning on gong to thailand in january and I'm not thinking twice about the fact that I wil be staying for a couple of months.

I am flying on aerosvit form jfk.

Unless an airline company has an agreement with the country your visiting it should not be any problem. I mean think about, airlines don't really want to be in the visa enforcement business.

that being said, when flying from thialand to ukraine, they asked, at the airport, to see my forward flight documents. But this is because I'm from american and I was going to stay in ukraine for a few weeks. And I'm pretty sure the only reason they cared is because this is a ukrainian airline.

I mean normally this is customs job.

once your in thailand, though, you can always change your tickets return date so either way is not a problem.

Ok, so it's best not to risk anything.

How about this?

Outbound: 04-Jan-2009

Inbound: 04-Feb-2009

I'll arrive on the 5th of Jan and it's 31 days to the 4th.

Or do I need to fly back on the 3rd of Feb to be on the safe side?

Why don't you get a tourist visa before you leave and then you can stay up to 60 days no worries about return ticket dates

It might be easier/cheaper than get an extension in Pattaya

This type of visa will be issued to applicants who wishing to enter the Kingdom of Thailand for tourism purposes .

Documents Required :

nav_bullet6.png

Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months

nav_bullet6.png

Visa application form completely filled out

nav_bullet6.png

Two recent( 4 x 5 cm.) photographs of the applicant

nav_bullet6.png

Financial means (20,000 Bahts per person and 40,000 Bahts per family)

nav_bullet6.png

Consular officers reserve the rights to request for additional documents as deemed necessary

Fees :

VISA FEE £28.00 per entry (Visa fee may be changed without prior notice)

Validity of Stay : On entry into Thailand, nationals from 36 designated countries who hold a Tourist Visa will be permitted by the Immigration Officer to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 60 days. As for nationals from other countries not listed below who hold a Tourist Visa, they will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 30 days. Should such nationals wish to extend their stay, they may apply for extension of stay at the Immigration Bureau for an additional 30 days but must not exceed the cumulative duration of 90 days from the day of first entry. The grating of extension of stay is under the discretion of the Immigration Office (application fee 1,900 baht).

Hi.

I'm planning on gong to thailand in january and I'm not thinking twice about the fact that I wil be staying for a couple of months.

I am flying on aerosvit form jfk.

Unless an airline company has an agreement with the country your visiting it should not be any problem. I mean think about, airlines don't really want to be in the visa enforcement business.

that being said, when flying from thialand to ukraine, they asked, at the airport, to see my forward flight documents. But this is because I'm from american and I was going to stay in ukraine for a few weeks. And I'm pretty sure the only reason they cared is because this is a ukrainian airline.

I mean normally this is customs job.

once your in thailand, though, you can always change your tickets return date so either way is not a problem.

The airline is responsible for your return air fare if you are refused entry. The fact that Thai immigration rarely looks to see if you have a return ticket within 30 days if entering on visa exempt does not change the fact that the Thai immigration regulations say you must have proof of leaving within the 30 days and there is a chance you might be refused entry.

As has been said many times, enforcement by airline check-in personal is very inconsistent. I do know that within Asia, every airline checks for my non-imm visa extension when I fly into Thailand without a return ticket.

TH