Buying A Boat In Thailand

sorensen

I am looking to buy a second hand boat in Thailand, somewhere in the range of $80-120,000.

Can anybody advise where is a good place to start looking, Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya?

Any good internet sites for used boats in Thailand?

Any traps or hidden cost to look out for? Registration in Thailand?

Regards,

Robert

I am looking to buy a second hand boat in Thailand, somewhere in the range of $80-120,000.

Can anybody advise where is a good place to start looking, Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya?

Any good internet sites for used boats in Thailand?

Any traps or hidden cost to look out for? Registration in Thailand?

Regards,

Robert

www.leemarine.com have boats for sale, haven't been in contact with them so i don't know if they are any good or not.

\\\Hi there. Be very careful what you are buying. Lots of trash around. Bring an expert if you are not experienced and do at least a 4 hour trial. Avoid the the Thai style plywood boats....Once in a while there are some boast advertised. If you are not in a hurry, put a free search add in Pattaya Mail and similar as well as the local supermarket boards. You might get lucky. Be aware that good outboards are very much overpriced and your budget will not get you a very big boat. These days it is quite easy to get a boat registered and if you wanna go for the Captn's licence they are also much easier to get at the Harbor Dept. in Bangkok.Last but not least, checkout all the extra cost of marinas, launch etc.etc. Best of luck. M.

• 11 months later...

I know it may be a little bit late if you have already found your boat but I have been looking to do the same and came across the thread whilst looking for new avenues to buying a boat in Thailand.

One of the best sites I use is www.boatshedphuket.com they have tons of photos of the boats and I have spoken with the broker a few times about some of the boats, seems very helpful even keeps me updated with new boats he has coming up for sale.

Still looking for that one that ticks all the boxes though, if it exists!!! :)

Hope this helps? and see you on the water....