Woman Police In Thailand

lambous

Yes...a few years ago, they were told off about wearing tight uniforms and short skirts. You will find many in uniform working within police stations and looking after social matters like domestic disputes.

Also seen a few female taxi drivers and more than a few drive the skytrains.

Was just curious to know whether female police officers exist in Thailand? I've never seen any. Has anyone? Kinda the same with taxi drivers except I saw my 1st ever female cabbie in Bangkok the other day.

Yes, I have seen them. Both as taxi drivers, tuk tuk drivers and police officers.

However some mountain tribe people are not allowed to be police officers or do service in the military. These people got yellow or green id card are only allowed to be with in their own province.

I saw a very pretty one at Banglamung Police Stn. when I had to go there to report a burglary at my house a few months ago.

Just a digital camera, my wallet with a few thousand baht inc. my ATM card stolen.

A neighbor said she saw another neighbor from down the Soi coming out of my garden around the time it happened.

She gave me a big smile and said they couldn’t investigate it as it wasn’t serious enough and also best not to make accusations about my neighbors, saying best to forget it. If not and there was trouble, I could be the one that was breaking the law. :o Asked to see the boss, but she said "he busy".

She then wrote the details in the police report book and asked me to take the thick book to the photo copy shop down the road, for my bank ATM replacement card, Lol.

You would think they would at least would have a copy machine in the police station, but TIT. :D

I've actually seen a woman traffic cop in Chiang Mai once. The only one I've ever seen. Couldn't see her face for the pollution mask, but she looked good enough in her uniform that I almost crashed the car as I drove past her!

Mike100,

The police here are about as useful as a chocolate fireplace. I've had a similar problem to you in the past!

Was just curious to know whether female police officers exist in Thailand? I've never seen any. Has anyone? Kinda the same with taxi drivers except I saw my 1st ever female cabbie in Bangkok the other day.

The Tourist Police in Patong have a female police officer a sargent with three stripes.

Have seen her touring hotels and guest houses recently with a senior officer.Very smart & approachable she was as well. :o You certainly dont get female officers looking like her in the uk !! :D

I've actually seen a woman traffic cop in Chiang Mai once. The only one I've ever seen. Couldn't see her face for the pollution mask, but she looked good enough in her uniform that I almost crashed the car as I drove past her!

Mike100,

The police here are about as useful as a chocolate fireplace. I've had a similar problem to you in the past!

A chocolate fireplace. I love it :o

Probably why we don't see many female traffic cops.

Taught 50+ Thai police in the south. Only one female among the bunch, but definitely a looker.