What Next After The Spouse Settlement Visa

Hello,

I was hoping someone may be able to help me with a bit of advice or direction.

My wife was granted a Spouse Settlement Visa last week and will be joining me in the UK in a couple of weeks on her 2 yr visa.

I want to try and stay ahead of the game on the next visa application (hoping that all goes well in the next couple of years with the wife) and have started looking into the next visa as im aware a lot of paperwork needs to be collected.

What is the next visa i would apply for is it FLR, does anybody know of any helpful sites detailing requirements etc and any tips or hints on what to do and not do would be fantastic.

Many thanks for your time any help would be greatly appreciated.

Congrats on the visa.

For the FLR you need to get your wife into the system as soon as possible - get her registered at the doctors, set up a basic bank account for her, add her name to the council tax and other utility bills.

When her name is on the bills collect copies of them and keep them as you'll need them for the FLR.

The other thing to do is for your wife to meet the requirements for the 'Life in the UK' qualification.

You have 2 options, either take and pass the test or enrol in a college course - depending on your wife's level of English.

The thing I'd say about this is to do it as soon as possible. I know she'll have enough on her plate getting used to life in a new country, but if you can sort this out early, it takes a lot of the worry out of trying to get it near the end of the 2 year visa - which will go a lot quicker than you expect.

Other than that, I echo what Moss says, you're in the right place. Keep looking on here and ask any questions.

Good luck with it all.