Toyota Hiace Van

I'm a bit surprised here, been driving around Rangsit area, Pholyothin, and today, all along Ramintra, looking for a "low top"Toyota HiAce Van, preferably one of the new style ones with the sorta flattened nose. Have only seen one 2nd hand, a 2005 for baht 675,000. New price about baht 900,000.

Did see quite a few of the "hi top" model but don't want one of those, one reason being that year by year, they're about baht 100,000 or so higher in price. Plus no place for a roof rack for extra baggage when taking 8-9 pax.

???

Mac

Toyota don't sell many compaired to the earlier model only a small amount to companies like TOT etc.Tour companies have realised they will be hard to sell on apart from being too small compaired to larger hightop model(even local school minibuses hightop appears to be a must!).You've got more chance of finding a late low top Nissan Urvan.

Toyota don't sell many compaired to the earlier model only a small amount to companies like TOT etc.Tour companies have realised they will be hard to sell on apart from being too small compaired to larger hightop model(even local school minibuses hightop appears to be a must!).You've got more chance of finding a late low top Nissan Urvan.

Kartman

You're probably right about the Urvan, but interestingly enough, of all the vans I've seen in the last two days, only Toyotas, some dating back to the mid- to early 1990s. Did see one really nice hitop Toyota really fancy inside, TV, seatbelts, and more, a 2003, for baht 590,000 starting price.

Guess I could try Rachadapisek downtown but I sure try to avoid that area and traffic under most circumstances.

Anyway, I'll keep my eyes open for a Nissan.

Mac

Try the one2car website they have 9 low roof Hiace, 5 Urvan don't forget small Hiace non turbo so Urvan 3ltr stronger or you could buy hightop Hiace and take rear row of seats out will give seating capacity required and space still will be over 7 seats for blue No plate and will be easier to sell when the time comes.

I'm a bit surprised here, been driving around Rangsit area, Pholyothin, and today, all along Ramintra, looking for a "low top"Toyota HiAce Van, preferably one of the new style ones with the sorta flattened nose. Have only seen one 2nd hand, a 2005 for baht 675,000. New price about baht 900,000.

Did see quite a few of the "hi top" model but don't want one of those, one reason being that year by year, they're about baht 100,000 or so higher in price. Plus no place for a roof rack for extra baggage when taking 8-9 pax.

???

Mac

Guys

Points noted, thanks.

one2car only in Thai? Guess I could have the 9-year old niece sit with me and read, the wife wouldn't have the patience.

I've been reminded that Union Auction has an outlet out this way at Klong 8, checked by yesterday and there's three vans on site, two high top and one flat top. Viewing today, auction tomorrow. Will check out what they go for for further reference. Do have a really good mechanic shop just before Klong 7 that I've been using for 10+ years, might even be able to have one of their older guys go with me come viewing day. www.union-auction.com

Do wonder, tho, if with the current financial climate as it is if more vehicles will be coming on the market in the next couple of months. August-October 1997 sure saw a lot!

Mac

Why only a Toyota ?

There are lots of MERCEDES-BENZ M-CLASS both MB100D and MB140D 2.9 for Sale, bullet proof engines and loads cheaper then the Toyota

Why a Toyota? Just 'cause that's what I've had for the last 30 or so years and have had good luck with them. Not sure if I'd be shy about driving around in an M-B machine, but willing to try, depending on PRICE.

Googled the MB140D and there might be one down on Ramintra, a "tent" the wife & I seem to have missed last week, will remedy that situation next week and check it out. They also seem to have Toyota and Nissan vans.

So, thanks for the suggestion.

Mac

I think your getting away from the origional inquiry the MB140 is a big old lump compaired to low roof Hiace, hauling it around and parking it in conjested areas might be a issue also spare parts if you get more than moderate accident damage ie door replacement etc ?.