Uk Bank Ombudsman - Yr Views?

UK BANK OMBUDSMAN

Having a dispute with hsbc in UK. Their negligence has recently cost me about GBP400 in cocked-up transfers from UK to Thailand and Singapore. They are now typically off-hand and overbearing as I seek redress. Has anyone had experience of the UK BANK OMBUDSMAN? When I have my Letter of Deadlock from hsbc [if] is there a best method of approaching this body? Are they fair, objective, or set up by banks for banks? Any views/advice based on experience/knowledge would be appreciated.

UK BANK OMBUDSMAN

Having a dispute with hsbc in UK. Their negligence has recently cost me about GBP400 in cocked-up transfers from UK to Thailand and Singapore. They are now typically off-hand and overbearing as I seek redress. Has anyone had experience of the UK BANK OMBUDSMAN? When I have my Letter of Deadlock from hsbc [if] is there a best method of approaching this body? Are they fair, objective, or set up by banks for banks? Any views/advice based on experience/knowledge would be appreciated.

The Ombudsman works to very clear guidelines. Although the body is there to protect customers, it is not a one-sided consumer rights business. If your bank has broke any law, regulation or code, the Ombudsman will require the bank to put matter right.

You have to exhaust the bank's complaint's procedure (see its website) before approaching the Ombudsman.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
UK BANK OMBUDSMAN

The Ombudsman works to very clear guidelines. Although the body is there to protect customers, it is not a one-sided consumer rights business. If your bank has broke any law, regulation or code, the Ombudsman will require the bank to put matter right.

You have to exhaust the bank's complaint's procedure (see its website) before approaching the Ombudsman.

Good luck!

UK BANK OMBUDSMAN

i agree with Morden - follow their guidelines, pursue the matter locally as far as possible, be objective, supply as many facts as possible and then they will do their best to moderate and decide.

Good luck!