Reliable Watch Repair In Pattaya

syd barrett

Royal Garden, second floor - far end (2nd Road), in the up market watch and spectacle store. He's pretty good and will do it while you wait. I had an Omega and 2 Guccis repaired there. Very satisfactory, and not expensive.

There's another watch repairer in Tops on Pattaya Klang - ground floor.

You guys are frequenting all the upscale touristy places which cost you three times the amount a Thai would pay. On Soi Bakeaw just south of Pattaya Klang, are two watch shops on the East side of the street. as you are facing away from Pattaya klang, the second shop on the left is excellent and very reasonable, Never paid more than 80 Baht for a band, or to have my watch repaired.

Barry

If it is an expensive watch my serious advice would be to bite the bullet and send it back home, or to the factory. I just had a very expensive Tag Heur ruined here, after asking for advice where to go. I am not sure what to do with it now as the warranty will be void due to an unauthorised dealer breaking the seal.

Off topic a little but if anyone knows someone who can repair a Tag FI Microtimer I would happily try again, the watch cost close to £3,000 in the UK and is a write off at the moment.

You guys are frequenting all the upscale touristy places which cost you three times the amount a Thai would pay. On Soi Bakeaw just south of Pattaya Klang, are two watch shops on the East side of the street. as you are facing away from Pattaya klang, the second shop on the left is excellent and very reasonable, Never paid more than 80 Baht for a band, or to have my watch repaired.

Barry

Sorry Barry, but I don't agree with you. Neither of the shops I mentioned charge a lot, and you have an expensive watch I wouldn't take it anywhere except the guy in Royal Garden. I have already said that he does excellent work on the spot and has all the spares (if necessary) for name brand wtches.

Each to his own, but the difference between 80 Baht and , say 200 Baht to repair a watch worth over 20k is not even worth thinking about.

Go through the food market opposite the temple on Pattaya Tai and just before you get to the road on the other side, turn left and there is a shop that sell and repair, everyone I know swears by him (I think his name is Mr Wong) he speaks good English and his prices are good

Go through the food market opposite the temple on Pattaya Tai and just before you get to the road on the other side, turn left and there is a shop that sell and repair, everyone I know swears by him (I think his name is Mr Wong) he speaks good English and his prices are good

i have to disagree with you, mr wong is a dog of a man.

he is a rude, arrogant and bitter man and charges at least 30% more than anyone else for the same work/purchases.

ten years ago he was the man in Pattaya and now he is isn't, he cannot accept it

even his own family do not speak to him.

avoid at all costs unless you have a subservient, masochistic streak in you that needs to exercised

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions.

I know those watch repair shops on Soi Bukhow, plus I know the place in Royal Garden. But as the watch cost 900 quid new, I will feel safer and more confident taking it to Royal Garden, as Mobi said for more expensive watches better to be safe. I am sure the other places are all good for cheaper watches.

I will report back as developments happen.

Barry

Sorry Barry, but I don't agree with you. Neither of the shops I mentioned charge a lot, and you have an expensive watch I wouldn't take it anywhere except the guy in Royal Garden. I have already said that he does excellent work on the spot and has all the spares (if necessary) for name brand wtches.

Each to his own, but the difference between 80 Baht and , say 200 Baht to repair a watch worth over 20k is not even worth thinking about.

I agree. I have taken a dozen watches to this guy and he has done a great job on each, and at a good price. He overhauled my best watch which had a few problems as well as repairing three watches that I was ready to bin. Very good.

he is a rude, arrogant and bitter man and charges at least 30% more than anyone else for the same work/purchases.

ten years ago he was the man in Pattaya and now he is isn't, he cannot accept it

avoid at all costs unless you have a subservient, masochistic streak in you that needs to exercised

Fore sure we should all bow down to the watch expertise of the Timekeeper :o

Fore sure we should all bow down to the watch expertise of the Timekeeper :o

thanks mobi, its appreciated

My step dad took his watch to be repaired at the shop next to Au Bon Pain in Royal Garden. They charged him three times as muchas quoted to retrieve the watch - and it still doesn't work! Not a helpful bunch, especially in view of fact I'd spent 14 000 b on glasses in same shop. TIT.

Royal Garden, second floor - far end (2nd Road), in the up market watch and spectacle store. He's pretty good and will do it while you wait. I had an Omega and 2 Guccis repaired there. Very satisfactory, and not expensive.

I had three expensive watches repaired here, previously I had them repaired at cheap shops, at Thai prices, and the original working were replaced with Thai parts! This shop did a good job, one watch was a problem and had to go back twice, which was further repaired under warranty and has now been running for over a year with no problems, this is the only shop I would use in Pattaya.

Barry

Mobi,

My wife has about a 10 year old Rolex and it has never kept good time; do you think that the guy in Royal Garden could make some sort of adjustment or replace the mainspring with original parts to improve its timekeeping?  My Rolex Sub-Mariner is about the same age as hers, but has kept excellent time from the day I bought it to the present.

Barry

Mobi,

My wife has about a 10 year old Rolex and it has never kept good time; do you think that the guy in Royal Garden could make some sort of adjustment or replace the mainspring with original parts to improve its timekeeping?  My Rolex Sub-Mariner is about the same age as hers, but has kept excellent time from the day I bought it to the present.

Probably? he wears a Rolex himself

My step dad took his watch to be repaired at the shop next to Au Bon Pain in Royal Garden. They charged him three times as muchas quoted to retrieve the watch - and it still doesn't work! Not a helpful bunch, especially in view of fact I'd spent 14 000 b on glasses in same shop. TIT.

I would like to hear of any more negatives before I take my watch in tomorrow.......

Mobi,

My wife has about a 10 year old Rolex and it has never kept good time; do you think that the guy in Royal Garden could make some sort of adjustment or replace the mainspring with original parts to improve its timekeeping? My Rolex Sub-Mariner is about the same age as hers, but has kept excellent time from the day I bought it to the present.

Probably? he wears a Rolex himself

Who is "he"? I assume you mean the watch repairer, because I don't have a Rolex. Many years ago I had a fake one, which kept excellent time :o

David, I honestly can't say for sure if he can fix your wife's Rolex. I have had nothing but good experiences with him, as others have on this thread. But there will always be negative reports from some farangs.

I used to recommend places to people all the time, and then got it the neck from farangs who used them and told me they were no good. More often than not it was the farang's attitude which was no good - which resulted in the consequent negative results. I'm afraid that is Thailand.

The guy at Royal Garden is a friendly guy, and I have seen Thais go to him for minor repairs, strap replacements etc, and he doesn't even charge them.

Is your wife Thai? If so, I suggest she goes and speaks to him and asks him if he can do the job and use genuine replacement parts. I don't think he will lie.

If she is not Thai, get a Thai to go with you as his English is limited.

I would like to hear of any more negatives before I take my watch in tomorrow.......

I don't think that is the same guy and shop the rest of us are recommending. The good shop is not next to 'Au Bon Pain'.

Surprised abt the comments on Mr.Wong so asked my wife and she said she stopped taking our watches to him abt 2 years ago because of the same comments already mentioned.Seems she uses the one upstairs in Royal Garden so good call by Mobi.Mind you I should stop that as she bought a pair of 150 pound Prada sun glasses from the place next door while waiting for the watch to be fixed.

EPG.

Barry

Wellhatever you think. When I lived in Pattaya I went to this guy for yers, and he also does repairs on the spot. It all depends on what you consider expensive. Some people consider $1000.00 cheap.

Barry

Surprised abt the comments on Mr.Wong so asked my wife and she said she stopped taking our watches to him abt 2 years ago because of the same comments already mentioned.Seems she uses the one upstairs in Royal Garden so good call by Mobi.Mind you I should stop that as she bought a pair of 150 pound Prada sun glasses from the place next door while waiting for the watch to be fixed.

EPG.

Who on earth is Mr. Wong. I think you guys are getting confused with the two shops on Soi Bakeaw. The one I'm talking about is the second shop on the left as you are coming from Pattaya Klang.

Barry

Who on earth is Mr. Wong. I think you guys are getting confused with the two shops on Soi Bakeaw. The one I'm talking about is the second shop on the left as you are coming from Pattaya Klang.

Barry

I think you're the one who is confused :o

" ... On Soi Bakeaw just south of Pattaya Klang, are two watch shops on the East side of the street. as you are facing away from Pattaya klang, the second shop on the left is excellent and very reasonable ... "

Barry

I agree. Very relaible and honest service, and always quite affordable for anything I've ever needed.