Silly Farangs...

1000baht

how about a farang greeting another farang with "sawadeekrap!" or 2 farang conversing in some pidgin thai? :o

Occasionally I have done this myself "sawadeekrap!" and then feel very silly. If you are used to usually greeting people this way it gets kind of hard wired.

I met a very interesting NZ chap in the bar the other day, who after introducing himself promptly proceeded to tell me that he had just lost $1,000,000 US on his Citigroup shares, at which point I drank up and left.

Somebody I know came here for a holiday and started going out with a bg. He returned soon after, resumed the relationship and before he left told her he was thinking of retiring here in a few months time and would love her to move in with him.

HOWEVER, to prove her commitment to the relationship, he would expect her to pay half the rent and living expenses! :D

The story did not end 'happily ever after'!

Reminds me of a woman who came here and was dumped by her husband for a bar girl within a year of their 'retirement'. They'd been together thirty years and the wife still not having a clue her husband was that bored with her agreed to retire in - THAILAND!!! :D

That story did not end 'happily ever after' either! :o

Edited by jackyseymour

marry a katoey without knowing it.An Italien did it a few years ago.He " divorced " a few month later in Italy when he was told.

When he was told?

Didn't he feel the difference himself?! :o

He was told approximately 2 months after he arrived in Italy by one of hishers family members.It was even reported in the Bangkok Post.Similiar to the Madame Butterfly story.

In BKK bar. European guy came in most nights with a soda or milk from 7-11. Played pool until he lost which was sometime hours, payed the 20 bt and left. Never ordered a drink.

A different western ex-pat guy came into a bar regulary talked with customers and boss for ages then when asked by the boss what he wants to drink asks for a milkshake which isn't available so makes his excuses to leave as as that is all he drinks. Always the same drink request which he knew wasn't available.

nothing wrong with having a nice bike or car.
Except when Spiny doesn't have one.  :o

Wrong, I own 3 cars . keep an SUV in Bangkok and 2 pick-ups upcounrtry, plus a chopper for opening on the Isaan country roads, I am not envious of the owners, I feel sorry for the machinery. seems a waste of the engines trying to look "cool" stuck in traffic in Sukhumvit,

I was woken up at about 2:30 am every morning for about 5 years by some expat prat riding his Harley up and down Soi 19 trying to impress the returning bar girls before moving to Nonthaburi. The other night I was stuck behind an over-revving Ferrari for 30 minutes as I was trying to get to the Sukhumvit Soi 1 highway entrance from Soi 13 . So my thought was that ownership of both these vehicle in the downtown area seemed a little silly to me.

Some very broad assumtions there.

Some idiot riding up and down the soi is hardly the same as getting stuck in traffic.

I occasionally ride my Duc to the dealers in Thonglor from my house in Samut Prakan. I often get stuck in Sukhumvit traffic. I can actually say the reason I'm there is because I need to get to the dealers, not because I want to look cool. 

Even though I probably do anyway!  :D

A different western ex-pat guy came into a bar regulary talked with customers and boss for ages then when asked by the boss what he wants to drink asks for a milkshake which isn't available so makes his excuses to leave as as that is all he drinks. Always the same drink request which he knew wasn't available.

Why doesn't the bar owner just send someone to the neares 7-11, buy a milkshake and then charge the guy five times the price? Silly bar owner if you ask me :o

Edited by phaethon