I Need A Haircut.

hodg

I'm looking for someone in Chiang Mai who knows how to cut thick hair. I have job interviews coming up, and I'm getting pretty scruffy. As my hair is poofy and thick and wavy, I don't expect it will be easy to find somebody who is used to dealing with hair like mine.

So, any ladies out there with thick hair who know of a good place to get a haircut?

I'm looking for someone in Chiang Mai who knows how to cut thick hair. I have job interviews coming up, and I'm getting pretty scruffy. As my hair is poofy and thick and wavy, I don't expect it will be easy to find somebody who is used to dealing with hair like mine.

So, any ladies out there with thick hair who know of a good place to get a haircut?

A lot of the 'male' hairdressers have poofy hair so they should know what you want. :D

BTW - A friend of mine (not me, my hair is neither thick, wavy or poofy, as it happens) had a haircut in an establishment with stylists with poofy hair and when he asked for a blow-dry, somehow, it was mis-construed!!!!

Well ..... there was pandemonium and you can imagine the blushes!! :o

Edited by KevinHUNT

I used to have poofy hair when I was a student........ 3 and 1 1/2 decades ago..... :D ...long and poofy, as was the trend....... but most of it has fallen out now....... the rest is now cut by my wife when it becomes "unmanageable"...... :o

It's nice of you to share that with us, but shouldn't the quotes be around 'wife' ?

Or was it just a phase you were going through? :D

Edited by KevinHUNT

I used to have poofy hair when I was a student........ 3 and 1 1/2 decades ago..... :D ...long and poofy, as was the trend....... but most of it has fallen out now....... the rest is now cut by my wife when it becomes "unmanageable"...... :D

It's nice of you to share that with us, but shouldn't the quotes be around 'wife' ?

Or was it just a phase you were going through? :D

Ooooh... you are cheeky.... :D No... it just looks poofy when I look at old photos.... it was real manly at the time.... :( My "wife" is a gorgeous woman from Nongwahyay near Nongbualamphu (40 km from Udon Thani) ...... sorry to disappoint you.... :o

Just be man! Come on you can do it, maybe.

Just walk into any of the dozens of barber shops or girlie salons (if that's what you prefer and it sounds like you do) that you will find around town and ask for a number 1 or 2 buzzcut, if you can't figure out out how to ask just point to the device and make some imitating noises.

I still can't figure out how some people managed to find their way to Chiang Mai in the first place. For someone who needs directions on how to get a haircut even finding their way to the airport must have been a huge challenge.

25 baht a haircut out in the san kamphaeng villages.

It is tricky getting a haircut here, straight back and sides... i usually try and communicate: "same same police".

I usually end up with a strip of 'same same police' above the ears, and then 'poofy' nest of hair perched on top.

The 'asian mullet' is what really gets the chicks going:

asian-mullet.jpg

or on a hip n trendy farang it might look like:

mullet.jpg

Would have to beat the girls off with a shitty stick looking like that.

Edited by UKWEBPRO

or on a hip n trendy farang it might look like:

mullet.jpg

Would have to beat the girls off with a shitty stick looking like that.

But then you'd have to have a old beat up pick up truck filled with empty Miller light cans, baseball bat on a rack in the window and live in North Carolina..

And the family tree only goes back as far as your sister.

post-46099-1227495155_thumb.jpg

Im ashamed to say the thought of living like a redneck in the US fills me with envy. You have to have a huge salary in the UK to live in the remote peaceful coutryside nowadays, with no neighbours for miles .... boo hoo :o

for average joe uk redneck, life is crammed into as small a space as possible

STREET.jpg

Edited by UKWEBPRO

One of my favourite movies is Joe Dirt. The poor chap found what he thought was a meteor which he took with him everywhere, even to bed. It turned out to be a lump of frozen crap fallen from a passing aircraft.

joe20dirt5cn.jpg

Edited by Blinky Bill

Just be man! Come on you can do it, maybe.

Just walk into any of the dozens of barber shops or girlie salons (if that's what you prefer and it sounds like you do) that you will find around town and ask for a number 1 or 2 buzzcut, if you can't figure out out how to ask just point to the device and make some imitating noises.

I still can't figure out how some people managed to find their way to Chiang Mai in the first place. For someone who needs directions on how to get a haircut even finding their way to the airport must have been a huge challenge.

is right, get it buzzed. it's too hot for hair out here anyway. one of the best investments i've made in LOS was a set of barber's clippers, 200 baht, thank you very much. give myself a number two trim every fortnight or so and job done. keeps my head cool and avoids crash helment hair too.

Hodg.

as all the other replies seem to be taking the p>; ill answer your question.

if your someone who likes to look respectable and tidy theres a good barber on the right ( by the water machine ) about two hundred yards down soi 2 moonmuang road .

walk down soi 2 from the hash bar .... past the half moon and about 100 yards on your right is a barbers .

the man in there gives good haircut for 60 baht ....... which is better than the 6 quid i used to pay in england over three years ago : (

enjoy ..... dave2

Since I am a poof with thick hair, I can recommend a 50-baht barber in Chiang Mai, with wife and kid. His place is at the Santitam traffic roundabout, not far from the YMCA. When you face his shop, the police office is ten meters to y0ur right, across a side soi. Just yell across the side soi, "Sawadee, cop." and go in the barber shop.

Complete directions, without a compass reference or "three blocks from the corner."

Since I am a poof with thick hair, I can recommend a 50-baht barber in Chiang Mai, with wife and kid. His place is at the Santitam traffic roundabout, not far from the YMCA. When you face his shop, the police office is ten meters to y0ur right, across a side soi. Just yell across the side soi, "Sawadee, cop." and go in the barber shop.

Complete directions, without a compass reference or "three blocks from the corner."

Small world - I used the same place when I lived that side of town.

Small world - I used the same place when I lived that side of town.

Loaded, looking at your avatar, that must have been when you still had hair!