4 Grenades Explode Near Thailand's Anti-government Tv Station

LaoPo

Look forward to hearing from some falangs about how they have supported PAD in ruining our high season.

That clarifies a number of things. Thank you.

Seems like some TV members are in damage control. Im still waiting for explaination about the obvious use of hand guns by PAD at bystanders and unarmed people?

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look forward to hearing from some falangs about how they have supported PAD in ruining our high season.

Or supported Thaksin's puppet thieves in ruining our high season.

It's surely a double edged sword my friends it cuts BOTH ways.

The police and Government have worldwide justification now to sort this rabble out. Any resulting coup is going to lead to world wide sanctions against and PAD led/supported Junta.

I know you have not really followed this grandpops but there were no significant sanctions after the last coup other than the US not selling weapons.

The current government could stop a coup right now by dissolving parliament and calling new elections. That won't be overlooked. The fact that PPP put Thaksin's Brother-in-Law into office certainly has not been overlooked nor has Thaksin's conviction in a court of law in Thailand that he said before he respected and trusted nor has his running from justice.

I bet there are celebrations in the streets in Phuket tonight!

The police and Government have worldwide justification now to sort this rabble out. Any resulting coup is going to lead to world wide sanctions against and PAD led/supported Junta.

I know you have not really followed this grandpops but there were no significant sanctions after the last coup other than the US not selling weapons.

The current government could stop a coup right now by dissolving parliament and calling new elections. That won't be overlooked. The fact that PPP put Thaksin's Brother-in-Law into office certainly has not been overlooked nor has Thaksin's conviction in a court of law in Thailand that he said before he respected and trusted nor has his running from justice.

There will also be the usual sanctions against free speech if they get in. Did you remember the post coup regime on here... Thought not.

We always celebrate in Phuket.... always :o

Seems like some TV members are in damage control.

What does your post have to do with my post? :o

Im still waiting for explaination about the obvious use of hand guns by PAD at bystanders and unarmed people?

Do anyone know the full story? Half the story? A third of the story? Is it ok if we all wait before attempting to explain something that is just breaking news?

This is a sad day. The film of the person opening fire with a revolver has been rapidly spread around the world. The effect on tourism is going to be enormous.

Yes, and if you look a bit closer you will see that behind the guy firing a gun is another moron holding up a picture of his majesty !!! Totally discraceful and utterly unacceptable . LM at its worst .

Yes absolutely disgraceful. This one piece of footage says a lot about the PAD. The PAD apologists should be ashamed.

No.

This video says a lot about 'One Person In a Mob'.

Nothing more.

No, Animatic, you are just so wrong. These individuals were not just part of the mob, they were on the leader's truck, and knowing PAD's guards, I doubt if any old soul would be able to climb on board and open fire. The shooter and the portrait waver portray PAD's very core nature.......vicious violence on one hand, and a sickening slimy pretence that they, and only they, respect the Royal family on the other.

Actually not breaking as it happened about 6 hours ago now and the pictures have apeared on all major tv stations worldwide. PAD guards shooting at people and a defenceless motorbike taxi held against his will with what looks like a knife held against his throat and then it cuts out as the camera man was forced to flee.

Actually you are wrong. US held 40 million or more in funds to Thailand because of the Coup also so it wasnt just the military weapons but actual funds.

Edited by Los78

Breaking News :

From Channel 9 late news : The Police have arrested a PAD security guard driving a pick up truck. Hidden in the back of the driving seat they have found a revolver and a machine pistol ( looked similar to an uzi ) plus ammunition for both. They also found a flack jacket in the man possesion. He has confessed the vehicle is his but denies any knowledge of the weapons and doesn't know how they got there. He said he did not even know how to fire the weapons.

I missed where he was arrested but I think it was in the Din Daeng area.

Perm_Dis ... regarding the UDD attack on the PAD on Sept 2nd.

Asked and answered.

They attacked the guy was killed. It is a sad thing but it is stupid to attack people's encampment ever and worse in the early hours of the morning.

you can not prove your claim or bring any evidence. that was the unasked question that got answered.

and trying to justify such lynching is sick as well. there is no "but ..."

I am going to stand by my earlier supposition that the army has almost completely withdrawn support for the PAD and that has made Sondhi hopping mad. I don't know who has the upper hand to play, but it could well be Thaksin.

There are a lot of backs up against a lot of walls at present.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/11/25...es_30089408.php

You people must see the clip put up by "The Nation". No shooting, no running around harresing people. It only show the PAD beat up a motocycle, THAT ALL. Why are they hidding the truth? The whole world have already seen it.

Call themselve a news media. I am stopping my subscription 1st thing tomorrow.

Perm_Dis ... regarding the UDD attack on the PAD on Sept 2nd.

Asked and answered.

They attacked the guy was killed. It is a sad thing but it is stupid to attack people's encampment ever and worse in the early hours of the morning.

you can not prove your claim or bring any evidence. that was the unasked question that got answered.

and trying to justify such lynching is sick as well. there is no "but ..."

You are clearly trolling as there are all the reports from every side about that night.... off to perm_ignore with you since nothing can be said to someone that says "Prove It" when the proof has already been placed in front of him.

Breaking News :

From Channel 9 late news : The Police have arrested a PAD security guard driving a pick up truck. Hidden in the back of the driving seat they have found a revolver and a machine pistol ( looked similar to an uzi ) plus ammunition for both. They also found a flack jacket in the man possesion. He has confessed the vehicle is his but denies any knowledge of the weapons and doesn't know how they got there. He said he did not even know how to fire the weapons.

I missed where he was arrested but I think it was in the Din Daeng area.

Giving the poor PAD the benefit of doubt, the weapon could be planted by UDD or worst, by the police. But I doubt so.

This is a sad day. The film of the person opening fire with a revolver has been rapidly spread around the world. The effect on tourism is going to be enormous.

Yes, and if you look a bit closer you will see that behind the guy firing a gun is another moron holding up a picture of his majesty !!! Totally discraceful and utterly unacceptable . LM at its worst .

Yes absolutely disgraceful. This one piece of footage says a lot about the PAD. The PAD apologists should be ashamed.

No.

This video says a lot about 'One Person In a Mob'.

Nothing more.

No, Animatic, you are just so wrong. These individuals were not just part of the mob, they were on the leader's truck, and knowing PAD's guards, I doubt if any old soul would be able to climb on board and open fire. The shooter and the portrait waver portray PAD's very core nature.......vicious violence on one hand

, and a sickening slimy pretence that they, and only they, respect the Royal family on the other.

Catmac, what I posted about and when I posted it,

was NOT about the truck incident. Which I am disgusted about.

It was one guy in a crowd and that's it.

So don't try and twist it differently.

~SINCE then they have gone more out of control,

And this seem quit according to the governments plan.

Attack them in transit, and they will over-react being out in the open.

It's good guerilla warfare tactics and it is working.

I can not divine the portrait holders mind. Nor condone him.

Two possibilities, either:

Holding it up to make the attackers not want to ALSO attack this portrait...

Or the inverse of mistakenly thinking they are doing work 'sanctioned' from above ,

and that was very stupid.

Don't imagine I am defending them, though I am SURE you think that.

But neither am I back tracking against core belief that

letting Thaksin back in, to control things wouldn't be this and worse.

This is ALL very, very bad, but of Thaksin's doing. He's the source.

He created Sondhi in his mirror image and we are all

paying the price for his arrogance and greed.

In perspective there are dozens of countries with similar scenes this month.

Why is this so unusual in the world. People are by nature parochial

and intolerant of losing their advantage. All too often, it all falls apart.

And THAT sucks.

Edited by animatic

No disrespect of the King of Thailand or The Thai Royal Family! Discussion of topics concerning the King or other current or deceased members of the Thai Royal Family is forbidden.

Any mention of the Royal Family will result in an immediate ban for the poster.

This is ALL very, very bad, but of Thaksin's doing. He's the source.

He created Sondhi in his mirror image and we are all

paying the price for his arrogance and greed.

it's about that PAD fighter standing on a PAD cult truck loaded with speakers using guns and shoot at people, right?

and that is evil thaksin fault because he created sondhi as mirror image? what a wacky theory and style of blame.

some news how bad the PAD is, like if PAD shoot around with guns, beat people to death etc. there is always a excuse. if they hijack a bus with guns it's not them but only the enemy dressed as PAD guard etc. or at least only on single member of the PAD cult and can not be seen as part of the organistion but only as individual.

the other way around, doesnt matter what happen or if there is any evidence it's always thaksin, the devil. your big conspiracy theory.

you could say that Thaksin is just a creation of Chamlong that went out of control. that is what Chamlong admit himself. learn a bit about the younger history.

Chamlong next mistake and wrong doing was and is the PAD. if you want blame someone than is it Chamlong Srimuang.

Ready to help but no coup: Gen Anupong

By The Nation - Published on November 26, 2008;Wed, November 26, 2008 : Last updated 0:10 hours

The armed forces will be unfaltering in safeguarding the country as well as the monarchy and will be quick to step in at any signs violence, but there will be no seizure of power because doing so will not end the political turmoil, Army chief General Anupong Paochinda said yesterday.

"Every commander in the armed forces has agreed that a coup is not the right way to resolve the current predicament," he said.

The military will not intervene in politics though soldiers will be ready to assist police should violence break out between rival crowds, he said, noting that at this juncture authorities had detected no sign of aggression.

The People's Alliance for Democracy is threatening to unseat the government.

All three wings of the armed forces are ready to help stop clashes, he said.

First Army Region commander Lt-General Kanit Sapitak said he was optimistic the situation would not get out of control because Thais were unified in their support for the King regardless of their differing political opinions. Kanit said his office was closely monitoring the situation, and had seen no signs thus far of any bloodshed. He refused to speculate on how the crisis would end, saying he was not a policymaker but a soldier. He sidestepped the question on military intervention, saying the army chief alone could not make a decision on whether or not to stage a coup.

- The Nation

LaoPo

The PAD has failed, or at least it seems so to me. After many months of whipping up the easily manipulated masses, Sondhi's final battle achieved nothing of substance.

Did Parliament meet?

Were the Constitution amendment changes approved by Parliament?

Have you read this thread?

Well my comment was premature, not that simply delaying parliment or constitutional changes constitutes a victory worthy of those months of madness, vandalism, and the wasting of several lives.

However the latest accomplishment at the airport is more serious and this game is now on a new level.

Sondhi has now effectively taken every foreigner hostage and at the same time smashed all hope for a profitable high season. I can see why so many on this forum swoon at Sondhi's every word. He's quite a gem eh?

The only way forward now will be through civilian blood, Merry Christmas.

update on shooting on Vibhavadi Road

Bangkok Post reports that according to the police PAD demonstrator try to break into a a taxi radio station

here the news:

PAD vs. taxi drivers in Bangkok, Suvarnabhumi

(BangkokPost.com) - People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) protesters on Tuesday evening clashed with a group of pro-government taxi drivers on Vibhavadi Road, which left at least 11 injured. Two of the taxi drivers suffered gunshot wounds.

According to the police, the PAD demonstrators attempted to break into the Khon Rak Taxi (Taxi Lovers) radio station on Vibhavadi Road, Soi 3, but a group of taxi drivers prevented them. As a result, both sides exchanged blows and threw things at each other until more than 60 policemen arrived to settle the situation.

The radio station is known for supporting the coalition government led by the People Power party (PPP).

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=132291

end quote

follow the link and read more. the article also reports that at Suvarnabhumi airport have been fights between "taxi drivers and supporters of the PAD armed with weapons"

now we know a little bit more what happend on Vibhavadi Road. looks like a planed attack by the PAD gang and not just a overreaction.

Main goal unachieved after 2nd day of protests

Published on November 26, 2008;Wed, November 26, 2008 : Last updated 1:20 hours

I suppose this article has been written before the latest news about the airport occupancy in the evening/night 25/26 November

Anti-government protesters failed on the second day of their 'last ditch' attempt to topple the Somchai Wongsawat government, desperately jogging around the city for nothing.

They began the battle at 4am at the prime minister's temporary office in Don Mueang Airport, but their efforts to obstruct the Cabinet failed as the weekly meeting was not held.

No ministers were there and the police allowed protesters to enter the compound.

Some moved on to the Thai Military headquarters on Chaeng Wattana Road, believing the Cabinet was meeting there. However, Lt-General Surat Worarak, chief of the Civil Affairs department, told protesters there would be no meeting at the military headquarters, either.

At 4.30pm some PAD protesters joined others at Suvarnabhumi Airport, expecting Prime Minister Somchai to fly in from the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (Apec) meeting in Peru.

The reason for the airport gathering was unclear. So too was the prime minister's schedule. Reports from journalists accompanying the premier said Somchai would land at 7pm today after being delayed several hours behind his original schedule. PAD spokesman Panthep Puapongpan said, nevertheless, the protesters would go everywhere to block the Cabinet meeting.

Government Spokesman Nattawut Saikua said the PAD could not pressure Somchai to step down or dissolve the Lower House. The government would not yield to the undemocratic and unconstitutional attempts by anti-government protesters to force it out of office, he said.

"The prime minister insisted he was elected by the voters.

If he is to lose his job, it must be in line with the law or democratic principles. He won't make his political decisions due to pressure from outside the system," the spokesman said.

"The PAD may call their latest rally a victory, but it has caused damage to Thailand and Thai people. And they won't be able to force the government to stop performing its duties," he said.

The spokesman said authorities were collecting evidence against those who had violated the law, particularly people responsible for cutting off power and water supplies to state agencies and for commandeering public buses.

Police would appeal against the Administrative Court order banning violent suppression of protesters by presenting the latest evidence.

The spokesman said authorities would still resort to non-violent means in dealing with the PAD protesters, although some acts of their leaders were against the Constitution.

CHRONOLOGY

4am: A convoy of buses carrying protesters leaves the Royal Turf Club, in Nang Lerng, for the temporary seat of government at Don Mueang Airport.

5.20am: Another batch of protesters departs Government House for Don Mueang.

11.30am: Somsak Kosaisuk, a co-leader of the People's Alliance for Democracy, takes to the stage at the Don Mueang rally site and urges protesters to head for the Supreme Command headquarters on Chaeng Wattana Road.

13.30pm: Protesters start arriving at the Supreme Command headquarters, which is suspected to be the venue of the weekly Cabinet meeting.

15.15pm: Former Maha Sarakham MP Suchart Srisang lodges a petition on the behalf of PAD requesting that the military protect the country's democracy with His Majesty as head of state.

16.30pm: (Nov. 25)Protesters disperse from the Supreme Command and move to Suvarnabhumi International Airport in wait for the PM's arrival from Peru.

- The Nation

LaoPo

Bangkok Post

EDITORIAL

PAD wrong to block airport

The People's Alliance for Democracy's blockade of the Motorway entrance to Suvarnabhumi airport is a wrong and unnecessary move.

This ill-conceived disruption of one of the main roads leading to the country's most important international airport will get the PAD nowhere in its claimed agenda of toppling the government or any nominees of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, or making Thai politics less prone to manipulation by money barons.

In fact, this move will only further erode the rapidly dwindling public support, a hard-earned provision that the protesters badly need especially at this critical juncture of its campaign.

The damage to the PAD, however, cannot compare with that caused to the country. Suvarnabhumi airport is the main gateway to the Kingdom.

The PAD's reason for the road blockage - to prevent Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat from returning home from Peru, where he has been attending the Apec summit - is ludicrous, as news reports say Mr Somchai will not be arriving in Bangkok until this afternoon, and he could very well choose to land elsewhere upon learning of the PAD's action.

In fact, there are reports that authorities have prepared both U-tapao and Chiang Mai airports for the prime minister to land in case of emergency.

So, the PAD's road block only serves to hurt ordinary Thais going about their business and foreigners coming to Thailand on vacation or business.

The PAD's march on the Motorway entrance to the airport yesterday prompted members of its rival groups - the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) and the pro-Thaksin taxi drivers' association - to try a counter-attack.

The resulting melee caused major traffic jams in and around the airport, resulting in extreme inconvenience for people who had to use the airport. This is absolutely not fair treatment for anybody at all.

Beyond the day's immediate chaos, the impact of the PAD's reckless action on the country's tourism industry will be immense and difficult to rectify.

Even before the PAD attempted its boneheaded move to partially block access to the civil airport yesterday, up to 14 countries had already issued advisories warning their citizens to avoid non-essential travel to Thailand, and to exercise caution if they do visit.

According to Apichart Sankary, president of the Association of Thai Travel Agents, the protracted political tension is estimated to be costing the country 400 million baht each day in lost tourist revenue.

The National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB) has a similarly gloomy story to tell.

Due to the higher cost of travelling and our domestic disturbance, foreign tourist arrivals were down 16.5% while the average rate of occupancy at hotels around the country dropped to 45%.

Tourism-related revenue accounts for about 6% of the national economy, and had been forecast to reach about 700 billion baht this year - a goal that is unlikely to be met now.

Put these figures into the context of real life and we will see a picture of so many people who depend on the industry for their livelihood, who will have to suffer more and more as those numbers keep going down.

The PAD has the right to peaceful demonstration. But blocking access to an international airport does not fit that description.

This latest action by the People's Alliance for Democracy comes closer to terrorising the public.

Breakingnews

Explosion occurs at Dusit bridge, no injuries

Published on November 26, 2008; November 26, 2008 : Last updated 04:44 am

A bomb exploded on the Dusit Bridget in Bangkok's Dusit district at 2 am Wednesday, police said.

No one was injured in the explosion which caused a small crack at one side of the bridge.

Police found a safety pin of an M26 grenade at the scene.

Police quoted eyewitnesses as saying they saw two men on a motorcycle speeding from the direction of the Government House.

The pillion rider hurled the bomb to the bridge and they sped away.

- The Nation

LaoPo

Actually you are wrong. US held 40 million or more in funds to Thailand because of the Coup also so it wasnt just the military weapons but actual funds.

Actually you are wrong. It was nearly only half that. By all accounts at the time, the relative paltry amount was a very small token gesture with insignificant real impact.

The United States, meanwhile on Thursday suspended US$24 million in assistance to Thailand.

Source: Associated Press - 29 September 2006

Probably been said before but a note to all the hard line PAD haters etc out there as well as the hard line red shirts - faction fighting happens at many demonstrations. What happened today between yellow and red at Vipawadi was either a set up or faction male thugs (from both sides) venting anger for the sake of it, male thugs with low educational levels at that