My Thai Girlfriends Proof Of Divorce

Lauriedog123

The divorce certificate is an A4 sized document in Thai language only (including Thai numbers).

The front page is a pale yellow cream colour with a flowery border.

The border has a blue/green background and orange lotus type flowers in it.

An orange Garuda with a green area near its waist is at the top of the form.

Under the Garuda is a large blue Thai word of 12 characters. (Certificate of divorce)

A translation of the wording under that is.

This is to certify that

Mr. xxxx xxxxx

AND

Mrs xxx xxxxx (xxxxxxx)

Have registered their divorce

At registration office: xxxxxxxxxxx

Province: xxxxxxxxxx

Registration Number. xx/xxxx

On date: xx Month: xxxxx Year: xxxx

(Official seal)

Signature

Name of officer

Grade

Registrar

On the lower left of the front page under the lower floral border is a block of numbers indicating the registration number of the document.

A large red seal should be stamped over the signature of the issuing officer at the bottom of the page.

On the reverse side top of plain white page is คร.7 (Khor Ror . 7)

Lower down the page is another stamped area containing 2 blocks of numbers and a signature below it.

The top box contains the identification numbers of the man and the lower box the I.D. number for the woman.

The registrars signature and name appears below those numbered boxes.

If a non Thai was one of the divorced couple, a stamp containing the nationality and passport number will appear above the empty line of I.D. box.

Edited by Farma

The divorce certificate is an A4 sized document in Thai language only (including Thai numbers).

The front page is a pale yellow cream colour with a flowery border.

The border has a blue/green background and orange lotus type flowers in it.

An orange Garuda with a green area near its waist is at the top of the form.

Under the Garuda is a large blue Thai word of 12 characters. (Certificate of divorce)

A translation of the wording under that is.

This is to certify that

Mr. xxxx xxxxx

AND

Mrs xxx xxxxx (xxxxxxx)

Have registered their divorce

At registration office: xxxxxxxxxxx

Province: xxxxxxxxxx

Registration Number. xx/xxxx

On date: xx Month: xxxxx Year: xxxx

(Official seal)

Signature

Name of officer

Grade

Registrar

On the lower left of the front page under the lower floral border is a block of numbers indicating the registration number of the document.

A large red seal should be stamped over the signature of the issuing officer at the bottom of the page.

On the reverse side top of plain white page is คร.7 (Khor Ror . 7)

Lower down the page is another stamped area containing 2 blocks of numbers and a signature below it.

The top box contains the identification numbers of the man and the lower box the I.D. number for the woman.

The registrars signature and name appears below those numbered boxes.

If a non Thai was one of the divorced couple, a stamp containing the nationality and passport number will appear above the empty line of I.D. box.

I just wanted to ask do both spouses get a copy?

I just found out my Thai wife of 6 years divorced me and

she told me on the net. How can I prove that in writing?

Thanks Tywais. It's interesting to see how documents have changed over time. The new one is portrait. The border is in from the sides and the Garuda is below and separate from the upper floral border.

That's what surprised me when you mentioned A4 so went scrounging around on the computer to find the scanned version. I archive all our documents on the computer for quick access. Saves a lot of time when she keeps asking me for a copy of her tambian bahn or her ID card. :o

A 100% reliable way to verify divorce it is to have it checked discreetly against her official ID card record - if its on that database then no question about it: It'll be genuine.

How to do that?? - most Thai PI's worth their salt will have a contact that can make that enquiry quickly and discreetly - hold back the details on the divorce certificate - see if they come back with the same info.

Hello,

My Thai girlfriend who I wish to marry tells me she is divorced. Can anyone tell me what a Thai Divorce Certificate looks like please so that I can recognise one if I see it, or even better do you have a picture of one.

Thanks

Jim

Have it translated.

It could be her sisters.

Hello,

My Thai girlfriend who I wish to marry tells me she is divorced. Can anyone tell me what a Thai Divorce Certificate looks like please so that I can recognise one if I see it, or even better do you have a picture of one.

Thanks

Jim

Here's a copy of mine from last year

post-26534-1227677386_thumb.jpg

If she has updated her ID card since the divorce she can have the option of being a 'Miss' again or can keep the Mrs (ex's family name)

You are indeed correct - but the record will hold the evidence of the divorce - that stays, not on the card but in the database.