Abandon

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people say I look a bit like Zippy

Really..?? can't see it myself... :D

<---- Hunter Thompson.

The original Gonzo journalist and author of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, among many other classic non-fiction books over the past 30 years.

Both a fantastic book and fantastic film.. :D

Do we need bandwidth wasting avatars ?

I like them... some are entertaining, and also makes poster recognition easier.. :o

My avatar was nicked from a mate of mine, not sure if he made it or not, but I found it very funny, so now it's mine :D

totster :D

Totster Posted Today, 2004-12-15 11:44:07

My avatar was nicked from a mate of mine, not sure if he made it or not, but I found it very funny, so now it's mine  :D 

totster

I tried to up-load that avatar from my computer several months ago but the script wasn't allowed at the time. :D

I'm happy with my present avatar. :D That pix is taken with my own camera and copyrighted. :o

Snowleopard

Edited by snowleopard

Limbo... Bloke=aussie slang for male

Wheels=car

I am impreessed u called it an Opel but  it's a Holden Torana. I think the early models were based on Opel as GM like to share . But as  Aussies do we slapped bigger engines 6's and V8s and the result is a legend in Aussie cars . A ten second car from downunder  :o

I thought Holden is just the Australian name for Opel as vauxhall is the english one ?

I used to drive a opel frontera which looks exactly like the Holden frontera :D

look here

the holden

http://www.4wdworld.com.au/make/frontera.htm

the opel

http://www.off-road.de/frontera_cup/

Wheels=car

I am impreessed u called it an Opel but  it's a Holden Torana. I think the early models were based on Opel as GM like to share . But as  Aussies do we slapped bigger engines 6's and V8s and the result is a legend in Aussie cars . A ten second car from downunder  :D

I thought Holden is just the Australian name for Opel as vauxhall is the english one ?

look here

the holden

the opel

The orig Torana, I think came with 2 engines,2850cc and a 3500cc V8. The later tended to kill it's occupants at a much higher rate than normal cars. If I remember correctly, some state governments banned drivers that were under 26yo from driving these beasts. :o

Wheels=car

I am impreessed u called it an Opel but  it's a Holden Torana. I think the early models were based on Opel as GM like to share . But as  Aussies do we slapped bigger engines 6's and V8s and the result is a legend in Aussie cars . A ten second car from downunder  :D

look here

the holden

the opel

The orig Torana, I think came with 2 engines,2850cc and a 3500cc V8. The later tended to kill it's occupants at a much higher rate than normal cars. If I remember correctly, some state governments banned drivers that were under 26yo from driving these beasts. :o

A opel (holden) kadett (torana) with a 3.5 liter v8 would be a deathtrap indeed :D

I drove a kadett 2.0 gt in the 90's and that was already to quick for my liking.

The Frontera is pretty good though :D

Wheels=car

I am impreessed u called it an Opel but  it's a Holden Torana. I think the early models were based on Opel as GM like to share . But as  Aussies do we slapped bigger engines 6's and V8s and the result is a legend in Aussie cars . A ten second car from downunder  :o

Sorry to be pedantic, Torana, but bloke is English slang. :D

MOST OF THE AVATARS I SEE ON THIS SITE ARE COOL, AND I WANT ONE. I HAVE MANGED TO LIFT A COUPLE OFF THE INTERNET BUT I CANT WORK OUT HOW TO GET THEM ON THE FORUM (DIDN'T NEED THEM BACK IN MANGO SAUCE DAYS). CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN IT TO ME? LAYMAN'S LANGUAGE PLEASE.

MOST OF THE AVATARS I SEE ON THIS SITE ARE COOL, AND I WANT ONE.  I HAVE MANGED TO LIFT A COUPLE OFF THE INTERNET BUT I CANT WORK OUT HOW TO GET THEM ON THE FORUM (DIDN'T NEED THEM BACK IN MANGO SAUCE DAYS).  CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN IT TO ME? LAYMAN'S LANGUAGE PLEASE.

During your wanders on the net, have a read up on net-etiquette. Typing in capitals is considered shouting. and is a breach of etiquette.

MOST OF THE AVATARS I SEE ON THIS SITE ARE COOL, AND I WANT ONE.  I HAVE MANGED TO LIFT A COUPLE OFF THE INTERNET BUT I CANT WORK OUT HOW TO GET THEM ON THE FORUM (DIDN'T NEED THEM BACK IN MANGO SAUCE DAYS).  CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN IT TO ME? LAYMAN'S LANGUAGE PLEASE.

During your wanders on the net, have a read up on net-etiquette. Typing in capitals is considered shouting. and is a breach of etiquette.

Crossed in the ether Bronco. Almost simultaneous postings. :o

Thanks Bronco, Totster and Jockstar. The caps things is because of an old password (in caps), will crack on and find worthwile avatars. Although i'm of age for the computer era i spent my formative years outdoors, in tents and on bikes, so this is new to me. Hope to engage soon.

dr pong, your response, to an obvious newbie seeking help, was rather brusk. LET'S NOT push off on the wrong foot.

dr pong, your response, to an obvious newbie seeking help, was rather brusk. LET'S NOT push off on the wrong foot.

Just ignore him, even though he's a cranky bastard, remember he's a very old codger and doesn't take kindly to strangers :o:D:D:D

There goes my Chrissy prez :D

Edited by udon

Thanks Jock, but I'm afraid I won't use your picture : I prefer my avatar to be a funny illustration of me, not a realistic one.

And your picture, well, looks too much like me. :o

Wait a sec, IT'S ME !!!

How did you take it ? I spend most of my time in front of my computer to be sure nobody can see me like this.

I'm so ashamed everybody knows how I look like now !

Thanks Jock, but I'm afraid I won't use your picture : I prefer my avatar to be a funny illustration of me, not a realistic one.

And your picture, well, looks too much like me.  :o

Wait a sec, IT'S ME !!!

How did you take it ?  I spend most of my time in front of my computer to be sure nobody can see me like this.

I'm so ashamed everybody knows how I look like now !

No worries mate. Just thought i'd try and help. But you do need a shave. :D:D

Mine avatar is a former member of the dutch parliament ( Pim Fortuyn) who wanted to change some things :o .

Unfortunately he was killed a couple off day's before the elections.

He wanted to change immigration laws, Moslims didn't like him fore he was gay, and a fighter for democracy and freedom of speech.

The killing was done by a (dutch)animal extremist.

(Polls sayd that he would be the next PM).

http://www.pimfortuyn.com/Nieuws3/06-05-20...hot%20dead.html

Edited by PD0NVJ

It seems muslims find everything un-islamic except senseless murder of decent people.
Even for the most fanatic ones, this isn't entirely true. And then, fanatic Christians have caused unimaginable bloodshed and atrocities over the years, even nowadays they still condemn non-believers and wage war against 'evil'. :o:D :D

My avatar is a photo I took on the temple grounds of Wat Suthat, and seems to fit my grumpy mocking tendencies. :D

Edited by stroll