Operational Status Expectations

perryjr2

BMTA cancels all bus services to Suvarnabhumi airport

BANGKOK: -- The Bangkok Mass Transit Authority Wednesday cancelled its four routes of bus services to and from the Suvarnabhumi International Airport, an official said.

Manote Kijpermpoon, the official, said Buses No 551, 552, 556 and 559 were all canceled.

He said other private buses passing the airport such as 553, 552 A, 554, 555 and 558 might be rerouted to avoid the airport.

-- The Nation 2008-11-26

This is all being done to stop the PM from flying into BKK???

What are the PAD gonna do next, block every airport in the country including U-Tapao?

Safe to say whether you are for or against the former leader, most people in Bangkok are now tired of the yellow mobs. By people, I mean those that actually work for a living.

The Thaiflight statistics mostly aren't working for Suvarnhabumi. If you look at the arrival status for flights between 6:00 and 9:00, almost all show "scheduled", "en route" etc, with only one flight actually showing landed.

Something's not right when a flight arriving at 05:50 from Zurich is still showing "en route, on time" at 11:54!

Since most long haul flights in that arrival bracket departed before the airport got shut down, they left as usual but must have landed somewhere else!

Call the airlines, or check their websites. EVA air for example give clear status of their flights, showing that flights leaving today for Bangkok all have been canceled.

Thai airways have canceled pretty much all international flights, and all the incoming flights which left just before the airport got closed where diverted to Don Mueang (16 flights) and U-Tapao (3 flights).

Most other airlines have canceled everything inbound for Bangkok.

• 7 months later...
The Thaiflight statistics mostly aren't working for Suvarnhabumi. If you look at the arrival status for flights between 6:00 and 9:00, almost all show "scheduled", "en route" etc, with only one flight actually showing landed.

Something's not right when a flight arriving at 05:50 from Zurich is still showing "en route, on time" at 11:54!

Since most long haul flights in that arrival bracket departed before the airport got shut down, they left as usual but must have landed somewhere else!

Call the airlines, or check their websites. EVA air for example give clear status of their flights, showing that flights leaving today for Bangkok all have been canceled.

Thai airways have canceled pretty much all international flights, and all the incoming flights which left just before the airport got closed where diverted to Don Mueang (16 flights) and U-Tapao (3 flights).

Most other airlines have canceled everything inbound for Bangkok.

I have real-time AOT (Airport of Thailand) FIDS Feed right on my Pc here at work. And, I can compare any flight just with the click of a few key strokes and clicks.

Flightstats data is good for some planning purposes. But, the data will NOT necessarily be accurate for real-time information as promoted by Thaivisa.

For example:

14/07/09 13:45 FD 3167 J KBV

14:40

B2 B2 B733 HSAAI

Above flight is dealyed for almost an hour and there is no indication of such in the flightstats page. Yes.. it is true that some flights are updated with correct delay times.

It all depens on whether flightstats received the data from the Airline or Airport feed to reflect the accurate information. If I digged a little deeper, I am sure I can find some flights missing on the flightstats page altogether... So, as I said it is good when you have nowhere else to go and just want to get some idea about the flight schedules.

AOT FIDS (Flight Information Display System.. the LCD monitors throught out the airport) and the Airline Flight Tracking websites are the most dependable of all sources.

Unfortunately... AOT FIDS view is not available to General Public. But, airline websites are there for you guys for all major airlines... CX, TG, EK, etc.

The best thing about Hong Kong... There is a live webpage of Flight Data = FIDS for the general public in here:

http://www.hongkongairport.com/flightinfo/eng/chkfltarr.html

I just hope Suvarnabhumi will also follow suit.

I have 10 years experience working in Hong Kong Airport and current 2 years in Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport. And, I consider myself expert of flight schedules... Any questions... please put through.

Edited by ihightower